Algeria tourist visa tips
Travelling as a tourist to a foreign country has become quite a dream these days with the pandemic. Nonetheless, if you wish to take the risk and give yourself a break from all the tension soaring around, then probably you can try to acquire an Algeria visa in the meanwhile. Algeria visa policy is rather simple yet requires you to follow certain set procedures. This article will give you details on getting a visa for Algeria, the Algeria visa cost, and the Algeria visa requirements. Moreover, you can also read about other tips on travelling to the country during the pandemic time.
Located in the Northern part of the African continent, Algeria has almost 2.4 million km squares. However, the country’s population is rather thin than its size and is largely concentrated in the small coastal region. The major southern part of the country consists of the Sahara Desert. It is a fascinating country with landscape, architectural and cultural attractions to interest any traveller. The roman archaeological sites, the elegant capital of Algiers, and mesmerizing city of Constantine are worth visiting if you are in for some adventure.
Who needs an Algeria tourist visa?
The Algeria visa policy declares that almost anyone travelling to the country has to obtain an Algeria visa. However, if you are from any of the below-mentioned countries, then you are exempted from the Algeria visa application process as you can travel to the country for tourism or business purpose for 90 days.
The countries are:
• Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic
Also, holders of diplomatic or service passport holders from certain countries are exempted from obtaining the Algeria tourist visa.
So, if you are planning to travel to Algeria but don’t fall under the criteria mentioned above, then you must mandatorily go through the Algeria visa application process, no excuse!
What is the Algeria tourist visa?
Foreign nationals travelling for tourism or recreational purposes to Algeria from the visa-required countries are issued the Algeria tourist visa. The duration of the Algeria tourist visa is usually a maximum of 90 days. Once the Algeria visa application process is completed, you can see the date of entering the country and the days allowed to remain stated on your visa. Also, you must abide by the dates mentioned on the visa, and else you will risk persecution.
What are the Algeria visa requirements?
When submitting an Algeria visa application, it is required that you have the following mentioned documents:
• Algeria visa application form that is completed and signed. The form is available to be downloaded from the consulate or embassy’s website. Make sure to fill the form in legible and clear writing
• Your original passport with a blank page to affix the visa in. One important point to note is that the passport must be valid for at least six months from the time you enter the country of Algeria
• Photocopies of certain pages of your passport (Refer to the country embassy or consulate website). Some consulates or embassies require you to submit photocopies of all the pages of the passport, including the empty pages
• Invitation letter that is issued by an Algerian host or by an Algerian travel agency
• Proof of financial means in the form of bank statements or payslips
• Proof of accommodation in Algeria
Also, note that you may have to submit additional documents depending on the consulate that you are applying from. The Algeria tourist visa requirements may differ slightly for different entities.
How to get a visa for Algeria?
Unless you are from any of the exempted countries, all foreign nationals must comply with the Algeria tourist visa requirements and acquire a tourist visa before travel. If you are not sure about how to get a visa for Algeria, here is a detailed step-by-step procedure for you to follow.
1. Find out the Algerian Embassies or Consulate Generals located in the country where you live. You can easily locate the embassy or consulate from embassies.org as the website gives a list of embassies of all countries located anywhere in the world. Nevertheless, some countries have deployed third parties like the VFS to complete the visa application process.
2. Visit the Algerian embassy/consulate website pertaining to your location. Most authorities have an Algeria online visa booking system available on the website. You can schedule a suitable date and time for your appointment.
3. The next step is to fill the visa application form that can be downloaded from the website or collected from the embassy/ consulate office. Or alternately you can also fill it online and submit it.
4. Once the application form is submitted, the next step is to get all your documents ready. Make sure to comply with all the documents that constitute Algeria visa requirements as your application for a visa may also get rejected if not done right. So, it is recommended that you take utmost care in readying all documents according to the Algeria tourist visa requirements. Apart from the main documents mentioned in the previous section of this article, there are also other documents mentioned by your embassy/consulate as per the Algeria visa policy.
5. When the date of the appointment has arrived, there are certain tips to keep in mind before heading out to the embassy.
Always make sure to arrive on time according to the time slot allotted to you.
It is recommended that you dress up neat and smart for the interview.
Never leave for the meeting without your application and all the supporting documents. The embassy/consulate has all the rights to dismiss or reschedule the interview if any of the documents are missing.
When an official asks you any question regarding your Algeria tourist visa, make sure to answer them promptly with confidence.
You will have to pay the Algeria visa cost which may vary depending on your location/ country that you are situated in. So, remember to make arrangements for the same before heading over to the embassy/ consulate.
6. After processing the application for your Algeria visa, you will receive a notification after a turnaround time of around 10 days. If the visa is approved then you can either collect it from the respective embassy/ consulate or get it mailed to you.
How to get Algeria tourist visa for Indian citizens?
Algeria tourist visa for Indians can be obtained from the Algerian consulate upon submission of visa application and supporting documents. The Algeria visa cost for Indians comes to around 5000 Rs or 70$ per application. Also, it is to be noted that the photographs submitted must adhere to the requirements mentioned as the Indian government is particular about this detail.
What is the Algeria online visa or the Algeria eVisa?
In February 2020, the Algerian government announced its plan to introduce Algeria online visa or the Algeria eVisa. This is an upcoming electronic visa that will allow travelers to apply for an online visa. It is intended to ease the processing of paperwork and reduce the turnaround time required for the processing of the visa. Moreover, this facility will enable travelers to procure an Algerian tourist visa without having to visit any of the Algerian diplomatic missions.
Authorities are yet to disclose more information regarding the Algeria online visa. Nonetheless, it is known that you are expected to have the following to procure an online visa:
• A valid passport
• Current/active email
• Debit/credit card to make payment
Travelling to Algeria during COVID-19
Like all other nations, Algeria is undergoing a pandemic situation and hence has currently closed all borders, including air, land, and sea until further notice. So, international travel to the country is presently not possible as flights are mostly suspended. However, this ban does not apply to nationals, residents, or employees of foreign companies working in Algeria.
Nonetheless, as the Covid-19 conditions around the world changes, the travel situation may improve and you can soon travel to Algeria (hopefully)!
Rubina is a free thinker and a dreamer. She believes that there is something to be learnt from everything. Despite securing a technical background in education, Rubina pursued to think beyond and work in the management field. A proud mum of two boys, she aspires to explore the world with her family and create cherishable memories.