Do you want to get a Turkey tourist visa? If the answer is yes, then you are in the right place. Turkey is one of the most visited countries in the world. More than 40 million people travel to Turkey per year. Rich history, cuisine, beaches, the sea, and more attract these people to Turkey. Shortly, we can say that there is an attractive thing for all tourists.
Considering that the number of tourists increases each year, we decided to talk about the tourist visa. In this blog, you will get answers to these questions: what are Turkey tourist visa requirements, how much are Turkey tourist visa fees, how to g.et a tourist visa for Turkey, can I extend my tourist visa in Turkey, how to apply for Turkey tourist visa online.
If you are not from one of the visa-waiver countries, you must apply for a visa to visit Turkey. There are various kinds of visas for Turkey. You can choose one of them depending on the purpose of the visit and your planned stay time. In general, we can divide them into the following subcategories:
- Turkey E-Visa
- Turkey Short-term Visa
- Turkey Transit Visa
- Turkey Long-term Visa
Also, these categories can be divided into subcategories depending on stay duration.
E-visa allows you to apply for Turkey tourist visa online. E-visa is a short-term visa that permits visiting Turkey for temporary reasons, and tourism is one of them. The validity of an E-visa lasts for 180 days. The list of E-visa eligible countries is long, so we will mention just some of them as an example. You can check the complete list in the visa policy section of our website.
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent
- United Arab Emirates
- Dominican Republic
- United Kingdom
- Southern Cyprus
- Saudi Arabia
- Hong Kong
Citizens of these countries can get their visas in another way. It is a visa on arrival. However, a visa on arrival is more expensive than an E-visa. E-visa fee changes between 20-80 USD related to nationality, and the processing time is 2-10 working days.
Turkey tourist visa
What if I am not eligible for an E-visa? Do not be upset. There is another way to realize your trip to Turkey. It is a paper-based short-term Tourism Visa. Differ from the E-visa applicants will complete their visa application in visa application centers, embassies, or consulates. You can also add a cover letter for Turkey tourist visa to your documents and other relevant documents. In the following section, you will find information about the required documents. How long is Turkey tourist visa validity? Turkey tourist visa validity lasts for 180 days.
You will need to answer all Turkey tourist visa requirements to get permission to travel to the country. Such as in other visa types, you will provide personal details and documents to get a visa. We can say that the required documents for a tourist visa for Turkey are similar to other countries. They are:
- Turkey tourist visa application form. All applicants must fully complete the Turkey tourist visa application form, sign, and date.
- Passport. Validity minimum of 2 months beyond the total duration of stay of your Turkish visa, not older than ten years, at least two free visa pages, undamaged pictures securely affixed to passport, and signed by the bearer
- Two photos. Photos not older than six months, size 3,5x4,5, on the white background, with clear facial features and eyes, and a frontal view of the face-covering 70-80% (32-26mm) of the photo
- ID Card copy. Validity should be a minimum of two months beyond the date of departure from Singapore.
- Residence permit/visa copy. Such as in the ID Card, validity should be a minimum of two months beyond the date of departure from Singapore (For people whose country of residence and citizenship are different).
- Photocopies. Applicants will provide a copy of the main page of their passport and prior visas. Also, if you have a copy of the visa for the final destination.
- Cover letter for Turkey tourist visa
- Travel itinerary. Here, you must show proof of flight tickets and accommodation reservations. The paper about accommodation reservations (hotel, hostel, and so on) must show all details, such as name, street, city, zip code, contact information, and booking reference.
- Proof of occupation. The applicant must provide a letter from the local employer. Also, the applicants must give details of the employer or a company (name, postal address, and telephone number). If a person is an owner of the company, a valid business license copy, company ownership documents, and sponsor’s valid passport and residence visa should be provided.
- Proof of financial means. While travelling to Turkey, you must have enough funds to cover expenses. Also, you must show proof of your financial means. There are several ways to do it, such as a personal bank statement showing monetary movements (for at least three last months), credit card, cash, evidence of employment, and more.
- Documents for children. For example, their copy of birth certificates, evidence of adoption, custody declaration if parents are divorced, and death certificate of the parent. Also, the letter of consent from the parent or legal guardian if the child is traveling alone.
- Applicants may need other extra documents.
Required documents for Turkey E-visa
Validity must be at least 2 months longer than the total period of your stay.
Passport must be less than ten years old (issued in the last 10 years)
At least one or two “visa pages” must be available.
Passport photo which is not older than 6 months.
3. When you arrive in Turkey, you must additionally present the following documents:
Printed e-visa for Turkey
Plan of your trip
Reservation of a flight
Booking/reservation for a valid (existing) hotel/accommodation with the entire address (name, street, city, zip code, contact information, booking ref.)
Turkey tourist visa fees and processing time
After providing all documents and details, you will need to pay the fee. How much does the visa cost? The tourist visa fee online is 20-80 USD for foreign nationals, but there can be some differences depending on the submission country. Also, during the application, you may need to pay for some other services. What about the visa processing time? The average processing time for a Turkey Tourist visa online is 2-10 working days. Such as in the charge, there can be some differences depending on visa application country.
Can I extend my tourist visa in Turkey?
Unfortunately, you cannot extend your visa. Extending E-visa is also impossible ( visa extensions may only be accepted if the applicant has a certain amount of time left on the validity of his visa). Applicants who want to extend their visa online must leave the country and apply again. People who want to stay longer than 90 days in Turkey must apply for a Short Term Residence Permit at the Provincial Directorate of Migration Administration in order to extend their residence.
Reason for visa rejection
While applying for a tourist visa, all applicants must be cautious. As we mentioned above, thousands of people travel to Turkey per year, and not all are from visa-free countries. Furthermore, It is not a mystery that not all of them get approval. Many people get a rejection at the end of their applications for a tourist visa. Why do people get a rejection at the end of their application? There can be various reasons for failing.
- Financial means. All applicants must have enough funds to finance their stay in the country. You must be able to cover all of your expenses such as eating, accommodation, shopping and so on.
- Criminal record. It is not surprising that people who have a criminal record have low chances of getting a visa. That is why try to stand away from illegal activities.
- False or lack of documents. You must provide all documents and do not try to deceive (cheat) during the application. Undoubtedly, it will be noticed, because all the documents and details you provided would be checked carefully.
- The applicant can be from one of the visa-exempt countries
- The passport may not have sufficient validity. The passport must be valid for at least 150 days from the planned date of entry.
Visiting Turkey (especially Istanbul) is a dream of thousands of people. While some people need to apply for a visa, some nationalities are luckier. Who are those fortunate people? Those people are citizens of visa-waiver countries. There are 79 countries on that list. So, we cannot mention all of those countries here, but if it is interesting for you, you can check the full list on our website. Just click on the visa policy section and search for Turkey.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- North Macedonia
- San Marino
- South Korea
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Holy See (Vatican)
How to get a tourist visa for Turkey?
Above, we mentioned both ways. Of course, the online version is more attractive if you are eligible. If not, then you will apply for a standard (paper-based) version. Where to apply? You will apply for a Tourist visa in visa application centres, embassies, or consulates, whichever accepts visa applications in your country of residence. If none of them is available in your country, you need to apply to the nearest embassy or consulate to your location.
Finally, I hope that the information that you read here will be beneficial for you during the application process. I wish good luck to all of our readers.