Major points about Namibia visa
Namibia is not the most developed tourist destination when you compare it to other African countries. Even so, if you're looking for different expiries, then Namibia is a country you should visit.
The country remains largely uncharted with some beautiful places to can visit. Namibia appeals to those who like remote areas full of natural beauty. You will get a chance to interact with the local people who continue living with ancient traditions and lifestyles without the pressures of the modern world.
Grab your Namibian visa and head down to the country, where you will enjoy one of the best beers in the world.
That said, you should note that the Namibia visa policy states that foreigners need a visa to enter the country. Only those originating from one of the Namibia free visa countries will enter the country without a visa.
Do I Need A Visa For Namibia?
Unless you're a resident in one of the Namibia free visa countries listed, you need a visa for admission to Namibian territory. Fortunately, the government has made the Namibia visa application relatively easy. Those applying for a Namibia tourist visa have few requirements to meet before getting a visa.
How To Get Namibia Visa
There are different ways of getting a visa, all of which are straightforward and easy to understand.
You can apply online on the e-visa platform and get your visa in a short period. The government made the application process for a Namibia visa easy thanks to the Namibia e visa
You can also visit the embassy to make your application, or you can apply for a visa on arrival to the country.
Namibia visa application
As stated earlier, there are a few ways to obtain a visa. Per the Namibia visa policy, you can use any of the following methods to get a visa.
Namibian Embassy Application
Another way to apply for a Namibia visa is by visiting the Namibia embassy. This process is the oldest and most common as every country worldwide allows for this application process.
You must physically go to the resident Namibian embassy in your country to make your application. Ensure you download the application form and book an appointment on the official embassy website before heading to the embassy.
Get the correct form from the website to prevent any delays in processing. You will find all the information on the supporting documents to be presented at the embassy on this form.
Once you get to the embassy, an immigration officer will interview you. After the interview, the officer will either approve or deny whether or not you have met all requirements.
The immigration officer holds discretion on visa approval even if you meet all requirements. If the officer approves your visa, you can decide whether to wait for the visa or have it sent to you.
Visa on arrival
Another option for getting a Namibia visa is by applying for one on arrival to the country. Citizens from a few countries and territories can obtain a visa on arrival arriving.
You can only apply for a visa on arrival at Hosea Kutako international Airport or Walvis Bay Airport. The visa will be valid for no more than 3 months and is only available for a Namibia tourist visa.
Visitors will fill an application form at the port and submit it together with the passport to an immigration officer. Immigration officers will then review the application, and if they are satisfied, you will receive a visa after making payments.
The Namibia visa fee cost of the visa on arrival is USD 73. The Namibian government plans on extending this service to border crossings in Trans-Kalahari, Ariamsvlei, Noordoewer, Oshikango, Katima Mulilo and Oranjemund.
How Much Is Namibia Visa
The Namibia visa fee will depend on the visa type you are applying for:
· Single entry, 3 months validity – USD 50.00
· Multiple Entry, 3 months validity – USD 100.00
Please note that if your application fails, you will not get a refund on the visa fee. You have to pay your Namibia visa fee online. Note that the embassy will accept no personal cheques.
Namibia Visa Requirements
Following the Namibia visa policy, you will need a few documents when you apply for the visa.
• An application form. You must fill and sign the form.
• A passport that is valid for an additional 6 months from the date of entry and at least 3 or more blank pages on your passport.
• Attach 2 colored photographs taken in the last three months before the date of application. The photos should clearly show the front of the applicant's face, with a white background: no eyeglasses or sleeveless attire. Men are not allowed to be wearing wear earrings. Blurred or low-quality photos are not accepted.
• You will need to provide a self-addressed, pre-paid envelope from United States Postal Service, DHL, or FEDEX. A payment receipt for the envelope must be available. Please do not send UPS envelopes;
• Pay for the visa using a debit or credit card for e-visa applications. For in-person applications, use bank draft, money order, or mail to the embassy. The embassy will accept no personal check. Payments must be in US Dollars;
• Return ticket confirming departure out of Namibia.
• Copy of legal dwelling in the countries recognized to the Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Washington, DC.
• Hotel reservations or tour/safari confirmation.
• Proof of adequate financial support for the length of your visit to Zimbabwe (bank statement).
• For dependents who are spouses or minors, kindly attach a signed letter by the person liable for the expenses. The letter should be from a permanent resident of Namibia or is Namibian if such a case applies.
• If visiting friends or family; provide a signed letter of invitation, passport copy, copy of work permit/residence permit (if applicable)
• A yellow fever vaccination certificate. Visitors originating from yellow fever endemic regions within the previous 6 months must have this certificate.
Holders of Diplomatic, Official, and Laisser-Passer (World Bank, United Nations, and International Monetary Fund)
• An official letter provided by the applicant's diplomatic mission/organization. The letter should provide the full identity of the visa applicant and the grounds for holding a diplomatic passport (position within the diplomatic mission or family links with an official). It should also show the full details of the travel document and the purposes and dates of the stay in
Namibia visa types
You can apply for three different visas to Namibia.
• Transit/ entry visas.
Namibia tourist visa
Below are the requirements for a Namibia tourist visa application.
• You must have Proof of accommodation, such as a hotel reservation.
• If staying with family and friends, you will need to show a letter of invitation.
Namibia Business visa
If you plan to travel to Namibia for business, you will need a business visa. Below are the documents required during the application:
• A signed invitation letter from the organization in Namibia which you will visit. The letter must be written on the company's letterhead, show the purpose and length of your visit, and your full names.
• Letter from your employer, which shows the intention of your travel and assurances financial support (if applicable).
Transit Or Entry Visa
Persons in Namibia only on transit do not need a visa as they must spend the transit period in the airport transit area. You cannot exit the transit area without prior authorization.
If you intend to exit the area, you will be required to apply for a transit or entry visa. Please see the official Namibian embassy website for more information on how to get Namibia visa.
The Namibia government has made the Namibia visa requirements easy to meet, allowing the tourism industry to grow. With the world becoming a global village, Namibia front making it easy for foreign nationals to visit the country.
The government is constantly signing new treaties to increase Namibia visa-free counties allowing for more foreign investment.
With so many options to get a visa for Namibia, the question of 'how much is Namibia visa?' should not bother you; instead, you should have your bags packed and ready to head to Namibia, one of the easiest countries to access.
Judith is a Kenya based writer. Writing is her passion. She is the consummate professional with boundless enthusiasm. With a style that is spare and to the point, she delights in presenting facts accurately but also strives to lead readers into unknown worlds, worlds filled with ideas to explore and information to digest. Impossible meets the achievable, as she takes any challenge presented and makes sure that nothing is left to chance.