If you are a fan of historical structures (houses, temples), you will fall in love with Cambodia. There are more than 3500 temples in Cambodia, and most of them are at Siem Reap, Battambang, Preah Vihar, and Kampong Thom. Visiting those places will help you feel local culture and soul. Also, you will travel past in time. More than six million people travel to Cambodia to discover this charming land per year. If you want to visit Cambodia and find information about the Cambodia visa policy, then you are in the right place. In this blog, you will find answers to most questions:
- What are the requirements for Cambodia visa?
- Can everyone apply for an E-visa?
- How long is visa validity?
- How much is the Cambodia visa fee?
- What kind of visas does Cambodia have?
- How to get a Cambodian visa?
- What are the application steps for the visa?
- How long is the Cambodia E Visa processing time?
Cambodia Visa Policy
Cambodia is one of the tourist-friendly countries. If you are from one of the Cambodia visa free countries, then you can visit the country without applying for a visa. On the other hand, most other nationalities can obtain their travel permissions online. Almost all nationalities are eligible for Cambodia E Visa. There are the following Cambodia visa types:
- Business visa. Via Business Visa, you can join various business activities, do different services for employers, etc. You can extend your visa for a maximum of a year.
- Student visa. Plenty of people have a dream of education in
Cambodia. They can realize it by Student Visa, which is valid for 12 months.
- Retirement visa. It is for foreigners older than 55, retired, and enough income to cover all expenses. You can extend the visa for up to one year.
Cambodia E Visa
It is an online visa that you can apply for on the official website. Click the official website link. You may find some other websites while searching for the link. Don't be deceived, and the only official website is the link that we mentioned. What is the aim of E-visa? E-visa is a kind of short-term visa, and the main goal is to make the processing and application time shorter and more straightforward. Tourism is the main reason for getting it. Also, you can obtain it for other temporary visits. Can everyone apply for Cambodia visa? Unfortunately, not all countries are eligible for E-visa. The countries that can't apply are:
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
In general, can residents of these countries visit the country? Yes, they are not on an unwanted list. Above mentioned countries are eligible for Visa on Arrival. They can get their visas at the following airports:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Cham Yeam
- Poi Pet
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post
- Preah Sihanouk International Airport
Cambodia Visa Free Countries
If you are from a visa-waiver country, you don't need any visa for the short term. The visa is required only for long-stay. Which countries are on the visa-waiver list? Cambodia's visa-free list is quite short. There are just eight countries on the list. They are Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam. As you see, all of the countries are from Asia.
How to get a Cambodian visa? Getting a visa for Cambodia is so simple in comparison with other Cambodia visa types. Firstly, you will create an account on the official website. Secondly, you will pay the Cambodia visa fee, and that is all. You can download your E-visa, which you will get in 3 working days. Cambodia E visa check, how can I do? You can do a Cambodia E visa check via the official website.
Required Documents for E-visa
Yes, E-visa doesn't have a complicated application process. However, it doesn't mean that there are not any requirements for Cambodia visa. You will need to provide some details and documents (invitation letter for Cambodia visa, and so on) during the first application and arrival to the country. The list of documents is not so long. Probably, you knew that missing or false documents cause a great portion of visa rejections. The best way to avoid facing the same problem is to prepare a checklist. You will need to add the following documents to your list:
- Passport. The passport should have at least 180 days of validation beyond the date of your departure from Cambodia. It should not be older than ten years, must be signed by the bearer, should have at least two free pages, and photos must be securely affixed to the passport.
- Photo. Applicants need to provide photographs that have been taken within the last 180 days, and the size must be 3x4. Your face must cover 70-80% of the photo, and avoid white clothes (it may cause a problem).
- Printed Cambodia E-visa
- Health insurance. Validation should cover the whole of your stay duration
- Flight reservation
- Accommodation details. Applicants must provide details of their accommodation. It can be a hotel, hostel, rental house/apartment, or friend's house. Regardless of the place, you need to present contact and address details of the place.
- Debit or credit card. You will need a debit or credit card to pay the Cambodia tourist visa fee.
- Invitation letter for Cambodia visa. If you have a family member or friend in Cambodia, he (she) can send an invitation letter.
Cambodia Visa Cost
After finishing registration and documentation, you will need to pay Cambodia Visa cost. How much is the charge? The average payment is 36 USD for all foreign citizens. As it is an online application, the price is fixed (embassy visas fees may vary depending on the country of submission). You will pay the fee online, and it is another advantage of online applications. It allows you to eliminate waiting at banks for paying or facing some problems while paying the charge in the embassy.
Finally, we reached the last step of the application process. After submitting your visa request, you will wait for processing. How long will I wait? Cambodia e visa processing time lasts for 1-3 working days. It is valid for three months, and your stay is limited to 30 days. Is Cambodia e visa extension possible? Sometimes 30 days is not enough to discover all the mysteries and beauties of the country. In that case, you can apply for a Cambodia e visa extension.
Visa on Arrival
As mentioned above, some nationalities are not eligible for E-visa and can apply only for Visa on Arrival. That is why I would like to give some details of the arrival visa. The documentation process of the arrival visa is almost the same as the online version. You will need the following documents at the airport:
- Immigration Card
You will already fill it in the plane. If you don't get an immigration card on a plane, you can fill it at the airport.
Terms for passport and photo are the same with E-visa. We can see differences in processing time and the visa charge. Processing time is very short at the airport. You will get your visa in a few minutes. When it comes to fees, it changes related to the purpose of your visit. If you travel for tourism and visiting sightseeing locations of the country, you will pay 30 USD.
On the other hand, foreigners who travel for business purposes will pay a little more, 35 USD. The main disadvantage of this type is waiting in the queue. Sometimes you can wait for several hours.
In conclusion, if you are eligible for E-visa, it is the best way to visit Cambodia. You can do it within several minutes, without leaving your home. Additionally, during the pandemic, it will be safer for you.
Where to go?
Let's say that you got your E-visa. Now, it is time to plan your visit. There are plenty of activities to join and locations to see during your Cambodia trip. Your 30 days of vacation will be full of adventure and fun. You can start your journey by visiting Angkor Wat (Angkor Archaeological Park). Angkor Wat is very famous around the world. It is accepted as one of the must-visit ancient locations of the world. It was built between AD 802 and 1432 and was one of the largest cities of its time. Even today, the temple is one of the largest religious buildings in the world. After discovering all the secrets of Angkor Wat, you can go to other tourism locations. They are Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville Beaches, Prasat Preah Vihear, Battambang, Koh Rong Samloem, Tonlé Sap Lake, Sambor Prei Kuk, Banteay Chhmar, and so on.