When we talk of beautiful medieval cities, impressive architecture, and delicious cuisine, Belgium's name comes among the first in our mind. Belgium is considered one of many beautiful countries. Thinking of travel to Belgium, we choose to visit its beautiful cities such as Gent, Brussels, or Bruges. And during the trip to Belgium, we want to take a lot of amazing photos to remember this trip and to share those photos on our social media platforms such as Instagram.
Gent city is known as the city with the most-liked Instagram photo spots in Belgium. The city is a perfect Instagrammable place with many beautiful places, both human-made and natural. Here people do photoshoots with their friends or family members and post these amazing pictures on Instagram.
How to find Instagrammable places in Gent?
Now I believe that you must have decided to travel to Gent after knowing about this beautiful city, but you might have a question: What are the top Instagrammable places in Gent to visit? Don't worry: in this article, we will tell you about the top 12 Instagrammable places in Gent and their merits.
Here are 12 Best Instagrammable Places in Gent:
1. Sint Michiels bridge - Sint Michiels bridge is known as a place of romantic hearts. This place is an example of beauty with the bridge here and Gent's tower near it, which makes this place more attractive. The place is surrounded by attractive beauty from all around. It is a grand historical place, and you will not find similar enchanting beauty anywhere else. Earlier, there was a turntable here, but in the early 20th century, it was converted into a stone arch. You can feel romantic moments by visiting this Instagrammable place.
2. The Atomic Structure in Brussels - Brussels is famous in Belgium as a unique symbol, an important place for international tourism, a unique construction in architecture history, etc. Today the Atomic Structure is the most popular tourist attraction of Brussels. The Atomium was constructed for the Universal World Exhibition (EXPO 58). The nine spheres magnify an iron crystal 165 billion times, they represent a belief that was more in the power of science and nuclear power. Apart from this, there is a special kind of beautiful panorama around it. Due to these characteristics, this atomic structure has an important place in the heart of the citizens of Gent.
3. Belfry of Bruges at night - The best thing about the tower of Bruges is it being 83 meters tall, which looks more beautiful at night. As at night it seems decorated with light. It is, among other things, a carillon containing 47 bells, whose voice is heart touching. Also, in the reception area, you can expect the visitors to get all kinds of interesting historical information about the history and work of this unique world-heritage protected belfry. Due to the height of the tower, people have to face a lot of struggle to climb it; for this, they can stop for a respite on the way in the old treasury.
4. Korenlei - The Korenlei area is arguably the most beautiful place for travel to Gent. If you want to experience the city of Gent, you should visit the Graslei or Korenlei area of Gent. One must sit in one of the many cafes there and sip a strong beer or a well-made coffee an hour or two away. Along with this, you will get to see the best scenes there. Taking many selfies in this wonderful Instagram place will be awesome to memorize your trip in memories.
5. Gravensteen - Gravensteen Castle is a magnificent and wonderful fort, the place to delight the mind is also known as Earl Castle. Gravenstein Castle is located in the center of Gent. Philip of Alsace, Count of Flanders built this magnificent fort in 1180. A secret cellar has also been built in this palace, also there is a museum of historical weapons. People come to visit this historic place from very far away and enjoy this wonderful view. Apart from this, in this Instagrammable place, various people do photoshoots to preserve their memories.
6. Lievekaai - Lievekaai is a romantic place in the Patershol area of Gent. There are many weeping willows here and those who observe the water and the square. People can now see weeping willows, many ships that were too large to enter the city and used to come, they unloaded their cargo here and returned. The Turning Basin was filled in around 1830, as trade with Jedwin and Dame became fruitless. In the square (now Children's Place), carts and their horses were taking up space to park trains and trolleys. Therefore, it is also a historical place in Gent. You can choose Gent City as a romantic place for your memorable trip.
7. Vooruit - Vooruit is located in Gent's center, which is the center of a lively exhibition. This lively exhibition is housed in a 100-year-old historical monument. Visitors who have an interest in history come here more often. Countless cultural events such as concerts, podium performances, parties, book presentations, debates started at Vooruit since 1982; because of this, the place became more famous. This Instagrammable place is also known as a meeting place, as many people choose to meet here. There is also a popular cafe, which has a large magnificent courtyard. Many types of food or drinks are available in this cafe. You can enjoy food here and make a photoshoot to fill your Instagram feed.
8. The Design Museum - The Design Museum is one of the best places to visit in Gent.This museum was built in a beautiful 18th-century house and is still located in the same building. The house belonged to a wealthy Flemish family. The original wooden ceilings and adorned walls and ceilings in this museum are well kept, indicating the family property. The 17th and 18th-century furniture is still present in this museum. Additionally, it also has contemporary design pieces from the 70s and 80s. This museum is known all over the world for the largest Art Nouveau collection in Belgium. A large courtyard is also available to relax here. Many tourists keep coming here and enjoy the place.
9. Oudburg and Patershol - This area of Gent is famous as a vibrant and fashionable area. It has the most comfortable and delicious cafes and restaurants, which makes it more stunning. The small cobblestoned alleyway of this Instagrammable place is a perfect place to take unique pictures. Oudberg also has a "zuivelbrug" which is a small pontoon above the water, due to which this area is very popular among Instagrammers. There is never a shortage to roam and eat here, people come here to roam from very far distances.
10. Portus Ganda - You might not know about this place, but a small town of Portus Ganda is very attractive. There is a business by boat, that is, it is a small port. The passengers are coming and going by boat to this town, so they stop to spend the night here. There is a large pontoon on the water where you can take a look at the picturesque harbor and the most notable historical aspects of Gent. A crowd of people gathers here at sunset and sunrise. If you want to get a fantastic picture, the best time to seize the moment is either at the sunrise or the sunset. In summer, people also come here to meet with friends and have a picnic, as it is a great place to chill and have a picnic by the water.
11. Sint Baafs plein - It is anothergreat Instagrammable place in Gent. Thousands of people come here to roam and photoshoot. At this place, you will see the impressive late Gothic buildings such as Gent's Belfort, Saint Bavo's Cathedral, Saint Nicolas Church, and the town hall. All these buildings are within walking distance. The location is very beautiful and impressive, so you have more chances to take the most amazing pictures from here. Gent has 3 most famous towers, with the most spectacular view being from the Saint Michael's bridge.
12. Jan Breydelstraat - This street is also a nice place for an Instagram photoshoot. There are many shops on this street. The items of these shops are visible from their windows. So in the street, you will find the most attractive and Instagram worthy shop windows. Apart from this, even if you do not want to shop, walking on this street itself is a relaxing experience to try. There is also a little hidden park "appelbrugparkje" in the middle of this area where you can come and have a wonderful view over the canal and take many memorable pictures for your Instagram feed.
Combining all the above places, Gent is a very magnificent and beautiful place to add to your bucket list. If you are planning to visit the Gent city of Belgium, then knowing about these 12 places and their characteristics, you can choose the best Instagrammable places to make your trip more memorable. Start Your Journey and Enjoy Gent!