Travel photographer's essential equipment
To become a travel photographer is some people's dream, some people's goals, or profession. Hundreds of people become popular in this area. Although this work is easy and straightforward for many, being a skilled travel photographer requires courage, skill, patience, attention, creativity, and perseverance. Nevertheless, these human qualities are not enough. A travel photographer needs several tools to make his work more comfortable and put in a great job.
- Photo camera - The leading equipment that a travel photographer needs a camera. There is a question for these people, "Which will be better a Canon, a Nikon or a Sony?" Most cameras of this brand are good. Nevertheless, a budget-friendly Sony A7RII camera, in terms of both photography and video, says its word for memorizing every moment of your trip.
- Lens - Your camera needs a professional lens than the lens to make your photos and videos more natural, fuller, and brighter. Many brands keep their lead in this regard. However, the budget-friendly and useful lens for both photo and video is the Sony GM 16-35 f2.8. With this lens, you can fit your favorite scenes to a bigger frame.
- GoPro –In some places, it is impossible to take pictures or videos with a camera. For example, cameras may be out of order underwater; or while climbing up, it is heavy to carry a camera. Besides, it is difficult to hold a camera while making a vlog. In the meantime, GoPro will come to your aid. Despite its small form, it can create high-quality shots. The budget-friendly model is the GoPro Hero 4.
- Microphone - If you are traveling with friends, lovers, or other acquaintances, you will take great videos wherever you are. In this case, a receiver is required to record the quality of your conversations, depending on the destination. If you want more natural and fuller sound in your videos, a "Rode Video Micro" microphone is budget-friendly. These microphones have a part called DeadCat. This accessory reduces the effect of wind, the background sounds, and accurately records the voice that the camera has been focused. "Rode Video Micro" microphones can fit both your camera and GoPro.
- Tripod – You are alone and want to take a picture while traveling? You want to take a photo with a friend, but no one is there to take your photos. Therefore, you need a tripod. The tripod must be compact, lightweight, and wind-resistant. Among these models, the budget-friendly is the Manfrotto Element Tripod. There are two types of these tripods: aluminum and carbon. The second type prevents your hand from burning in the heat and freezing in the cold.
- Remote control- You put your camera on the tripod and the tripod in the right place, so how do you take the photo? Right, cameras have a maximum of 10-second timers, but when you want to take multiple images in one view, it is a tedious task to approach the camera and to come back from where you are. If it is a long-distance, it is not easy to enter the frame on time. In this case, the camera remote control will help you to take your photos wherever you want. While there are some remote control brands, the Pixel-branded remote control is more suitable.
- Drone – When traveling to different parts of the world, we come across such scenes; we want to take photos or videos from above, not from where we stand. The drone is the best tool for this purpose. You can lift the drone up to a certain height with the remote control and make it fly to a certain distance. If you want a drone for your budget, image quality, lightweight, and durable against the wind, Dji Mavic Air" is the best for you.
If you want to be a travel photographer and to take extraordinary photos, videos, and enjoy walking, these tools will make your work halfway easier. The rest is your creativity. We wish you abundant travel and beautiful photos!