Vietnam, as a tourist destination, is a peace-loving country in the southern part of East Asia. Vietnam is a unique blend of natural attractions and cultural variations. Vietnam's winding hills, lush green forests and paddy fields attract tourists a lot. The number of tourists who travel to Vietnam is very high. One of the main reasons for this is that a trip to Vietnam is much cheaper than to other countries. If you also want to travel to Vietnam or want to get more information about it, then read this entire article.
When planning travel to Vietnam, you will definitely research Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. You must be thinking about which city to visit from these two cities as both cities are very beautiful. We will describe the merits of these two cities for you, so you can choose your favorite city to travel according to your preferences. So don't delay, keep reading this article continuously. So let's know which is better Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi?
- Hanoi- Hanoi's approach to the field of food is traditional. Street food is considered more beloved as a cultural dish in Hanoi. Many attractive restaurants are available in the streets, and usually, beef & chicken are preferred here. The breakfast is served here till 5:30 am, which means that the day starts early. Most of the time, Pho is considered the street food of Vietnam, but it is also available in restaurants.
- Ho Chi Minh City - After visiting Vietnam and tasting the delicious food there, you will not be able to live without praising it. Similarly, the food of Ho Chi Minh City is spicy. Recipes include less oil and fresh vegetables; tourists visiting are also not deprived of fish and meat. A variety of fruits like mangosteen, green dragon fruit, pomelo, and three seed cherries are available for you to eat.
- Hanoi- If you are fond of shopping and eating, Hanoi will affect you. There are many street shopping windows in Hanoi, where you can see many clothes, footwear, and accessories, so definitely go there and enjoy shopping and food.
- Ho Chi Minh City -If you want to do affordable shopping with less money, then it is necessary to go to such a market where things are available at the right price. Along with the price, things should also be following fashion trends. Some of Ho Chi Minh City's markets are quite popular in terms of shopping, where you can find dressage, jewelry, and footwear fashion trends at a reasonable price. However, the markets here are not more beautiful than Hanoi.
- Hanoi- Hanoi is located in the north of Vietnam, which covers the Red River Delta region. Hanoi has a hot, wet summer and a cold, dry winter season. The best time to visit Hanoi is considered either September to November or March to May. So if you are planning travel to Hanoi, then go between November and March.
- Ho Chi Minh City - Unlike Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City is located in the southern part of Vietnam, which is included in the Mekong Delta region. The climate here is tropical. That is why only two seasons remain here throughout the year. The half-year is the wet season, and another half-year is the dry season. It is relatively warmer here than in Hanoi. The best time to visit Ho Chi Minh City is from December to April because then the weather here is dry.
- Hanoi- Hanoi's history tells us that its tourist places are full of fascinating history with its oldest dynasty, which is known as Hung King. It is believed that this king ruled the region during the Bronze Age. The invasions of the Chinese, French, and Spanish kings continued here. For this reason, Hanoi is an important part of the history of Vietnam.
- Ho Chi Minh City -Ho Chi Minh was the President of Vietnam. He was the head of the nation when France attacked Vietnam. He was an advocate of equality in society and the world. He used to tend to communist ideology. The leftist student organizations here also include Ho Chi Minh in their slogans. The city was named Ho Chi Minh after the name of this President of Vietnam.
- Hanoi- There have been scandals in Hanoi. If you follow people's advice, you can be tricked into buying expensive and excessive tour packages to Sapa or Halong Bay. Beware of unfamiliar people; they can ask you for money in any way. Therefore, it is better to be careful here. Keep your luggage with you as well, do not keep valuables with you while walking in the market, better lock it in your room.
- Ho Chi Minh City - Many people roam Ho Chi Minh City, where the eyes are on your luggage, bag, and purse, want to steal your luggage. Here you can snatch the bag, and your luggage can be stolen from the motorcycle. Whether you are in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, you should protect yourself and your belongings at all times. Because perhaps there is no place in the world that is completely safe.
- Hanoi - Hanoi still has a slightly traditional view of people. Most of the population in Hanoi believe in Buddhism. Hanoi is home to a rich Buddhist community. The streets here are narrow and look very beautiful. Many shops in these streets are operated by small families here. Apart from this, there are also many beautiful markets, whose approach is still traditional.
- Ho Chi Minh City - Ho Chi Minh City has influence from French and American cultures. Due to this, people here prefer to use very modern items. Ho Chi Minh city has beautiful skyscrapers. There is no shortage of fashionable shopping malls here.
- Hanoi - Nightlife means lots of fun. Although Hanoi is famous for its historic buildings and more than one flavor, its nightlife is tremendous. Restaurants, bars, discos, and pubs buzz throughout the night in Hanoi. Here, youth feds up with day's work and gets immersed in food and fun.
- Ho Chi Minh City - Ho Chi Minh City is famous for its 'nightlife'. But the nightlife of Ho Chi Minh City, which is considered safer than other cities in the country, is a big problem of punctuality. Most clubs, restaurants, and pubs have to be closed after a certain time, but still, visitors will be able to enjoy the nightlife of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi are two beautiful cities in Vietnam. Vietnam's literacy rate is 94%. Traditional gongs are played instead of bells in the school even today.
- Vietnam has the lowest unemployment rate among all developing countries.
- There are 6 different tones in the Vietnamese language; these different tones change the meaning of words. This is the reason why it is challenging to learn the language.
9. Day trips
- Hanoi- Although Vietnam cannot be called a developed country, but the roads here are magnificent. It is interesting to know that 90% of the people here only use motorcycles. So the fun of bike riding during the day is something unique. Running a bike on the streets of Vietnam for day trips is a different experience you should definitely try.
- Ho Chi Minh City - You can also have a pleasant experience in Ho Chi Minh City for a day trip. Many tourists go here for a day trip to the Mekong Delta. Here, you can have a unique experience by going to the floating markets and knowing about the local people's aquatic lifestyle.
10. Things to do
- Hanoi - Hanoi is a city in Vietnam where you can have a memorable time, get lost beautifully, and enjoy sumptuous food. If you want to know what to do in Hanoi? There is a fascinating maze of roads, so you can easily go wherever you want. Every road in Hanoi looks unique. Hanoi has a lot to offer to make your trip memorable.
- Ho Chi Minh City -Ho Chi Minh City, is one of the most popular and attractive places to travel to Vietnam. However, it is difficult to visit this city due to its location, which is far away, so you will need to book a vehicle or bus. Still, for sure, there are also things to do in Ho Chi Minh.
After all, we believe that knowing these various facts about Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, you will choose Hanoi for your journey. Here you can go for a walk in any season. However, most people prefer to go here in the cold season between December and January. During this time, people gather here to celebrate the new year, which you will probably not get anywhere in the world. So to celebrate your next holiday, place Hanoi City first on the list of best travel destinations.
Hanoi, as a tourist destination of Vietnam, tells the story of magnificent history, and the city is associated with the people's sentiments. Hanoi invites tourists from far and wide. Hanoi is a particular style of hard-to-destruct nostalgia. An atmosphere of peace is seen in Hanoi during the night, while the city's bustle fascinates the mind during the day. Hanoi tourist places also reflect their culture, tradition, and unique love towards the people. You will feel like staying in Hanoi. Knowing about these great qualities of Hanoi, you might already know why you should travel to Hanoi instead of Ho Chi Minh City?