Do You Need Visa to Visit Madagascar?
Do You Need Visa to Visit Madagascar? Check It Out!
Visa Types & Categories to Apply for Madagascar
You can realize your planned trip to Madagascar by obtaining a Madagascar visa. Foreign nationals can apply to Madagascar sShort-term visas (E-visa) for temporary reasons (tourism, business, cultural, and other short-term purposes).
Madagascar E-visa is an online way to obtain a visa to realize a trip to Madagascar.
All nationalities and citizens of all countries are eligible for Madagascar E-visa.
Duration of Madagascar E-visa can be 30 days or 60 days, it depends on your choice.
Required Documents for Madagascar E-visa
- Validity minimum of 6 months beyond your arrival date to Madagascar
- Signed by holder
- Passport not older than 10 years (issued in the last 10 years)
- At least one or two free “visa pages.”
- Undamaged pictures securely affixed with/to passport
2. When You Arrive in Madagascar, You must Present also:
- Printed Madagascar e-visa
- Travel Itinerary
- Flight reservation
Processing Time for Madagascar E-visa
The average processing time for Madagascar E-visa is 1-5 working days.
Madagascar E-visa Application Fee
Madagascar E-visa fee is 37 USD for a 30-day visa and 45 USD for a 60-day visa.
Where to Apply for Madagascar E-visa Application?
You will apply for Madagascar E-visa online. You can apply for an e-visa through this website (official governmental website).
Madagascar Residence Permit
There is no long-term visa for Madagascar. You can apply for a residence permit within Madagascar after you arrive there with your E-visa. If you have a reason for staying for a longer period (such as employment, study, family reunion, etc.), you will be provided with a residence permit by the Madagascar Migration Department.
EMBASSY INFORMATION AND LOCATION
I am from a country whose citizens do not need a visa to enter Madagascar. Can I experience any problems at the border, while entering Madagascar?
You must meet certain requirements to enter Madagascar, even if you are not required a visa:
- The purpose of your trip to Madagascar must be plausible and comprehensible.
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months beyond your arrival in Madagascar.
- You must be able to finance your own living and travel costs.
- You must hold a confirmed return flight to prove that you are prepared to leave Madagascar before the visa expires.
- You must not pose a threat to security or public order.
Will my fees be refunded if my visa is refused?
All fees are non-refundable and will not be refunded if your visa application is not successful.
Can I get a refusal for my e-visa application?
Despite it rarely happens, it is possible to get a refusal from Madagascar e-visa application.