- Do You Need Visa to Visit Nauru?
- Visa Types
- What is the required validity of passport to travel to Nauru? - Do I need a local sponsor to travel to Nauru? - Will my fees be refunded if my Media visa is refused? - How can I apply for a Nauru visa? - Can I stay at private accommodation in Nauru? - What is the local currency in Nauru? - Who should sign the Nauru application form for a minor? - What is the duration of the Nauru Visitor visa?
- Blogs About Nauru That Might Inspire You to Visit
Do You Need Visa to Visit Nauru?
Visa is required
Do You Need Visa to Visit Nauru? Check It Out!
Visa Types & Categories to Apply for Nauru
Everyone needs to obtain a visa to travel to Nauru.
There are 3 ways to obtain a visa to Nauru:
1. Visa on Arrival (Free of charge)
Nationals of the below-mentioned countries can obtain Visa on Arrival (Free of charge) in Nauru:
Papua New Guinea
United Arab Emirates
2. Simplified Visa Procedure
Nationals of some countries can obtain a visa to Nauru with a simplified visa procedure. The main characteristic of this procedure is that Criminal Record Certificate and Medical Fitness Certificate are not required from the applicants.
Nationals of the below-mentioned countries can obtain a visa with a simplified visa procedure:
Antigua and Barbuda
Sao Tome and Principe
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Trinidad and Tobago
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
3. Standard Visa Procedure
Nationals of other countries must obtain a visa with the standard visa procedures.
Once your visa is approved, Nauru’s Department of Justice and Border Control will send you a copy of your visa certification via e-mail. You can print and show it to officers at your arrival date to Nauru. When you arrive at Nauru, the immigration officers will take your passport for processing at the office and return it later or the following morning.
Nauru Visitor Visa
You can realize your planned trip to Nauru by obtaining a Nauru Visitor visa. The reasons that you apply for a Nauru Visitor visa can be tourism or sightseeing, business, transit, or media. The validity of the Nauru Visitor visa is 3 months.
Required Documents for Nauru Visitor Visa
- Duly completed and signed
2. Scanned Copy of Passport/Details on Pages
- Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the return date.
- It also must have at least two blank pages.
- The photo should be of passport format, a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- It must be in the size of 3.5 x 4.5 coloured, and the head should take 70-80% of the photo.
- You must be looking straight at the camera with a neutral facial expression (no smile and mouth closed).
- Try to avoid uniforms or colours matching the background.
4. Residence Permit/Visa Copy
- If your country of residence and citizenship are different
5. Return/Onward Tickets
- Copy of your flight bookings to and from Nauru
- Or other next destinations you will visit
6. Criminal Record Certificate (If necessary)
7. Medical Fitness Certificate (If necessary)
8. For Tourism:
- Proof of Accommodation
- Hotel Reservation
9. For Business (Local Sponsor is Required) and Media Visa
- Letter from Employer/Work Contract
- Stating the reason of the trip and duration of stay
- Hotel Reservation
10. For Transit:
- Confirmed onward tickets
Note: Nauru Transit visa is not required if the connecting flight leaves within 3 hours of arrival in Nauru.
*Additional documents may be required.
Processing Time for Nauru Visitor Visa
The average processing time for a Nauru Visitor visa is 30-45 calendar days. It depends on your visa application country.
Nauru Visitor Visa Fee
- Tourism, Business Visa - 50 AUD (39 USD)
- Media Visa – 8000 AUD (6204 USD)
The fee may vary depending on your nationality.
Where to Apply for Nauru Visitor Visa?
Once your visa is approved, Nauru’s Department of Justice and Border Control will send you a copy of your visa certificate via e-mail. You can print and show it to officers at your arrival date to Nauru. When you arrive at Nauru, the immigration officers will take your passport for processing at the office and return it later or the following morning.
EMBASSY INFORMATION AND LOCATION
What is the required validity of passport to travel to Nauru?
The required validity of passport is at least 3 months.
Do I need a local sponsor to travel to Nauru?
The local sponsor is required if you travel for business purposes.
Will my fees be refunded if my Media visa is refused?
All fees are non-refundable and will not be refunded if your visa application is not successful.
Can I stay at private accommodation in Nauru?
There are 2 types of hotels in Nauru:
There are 2 other accommodation options (unit type) that are privately owned. For detailed information, you can contact with Immigration Office.
What is the local currency in Nauru?
Australian Dollars is the legal currency in Nauru. If you bring any other currency, foreign exchange will be difficult. Cash is the only form of payment in Nauru and credit/debit cards are not accepted.
Who should sign the Nauru application form for a minor?
Parents should sign the application form for their child.
What is the duration of the Nauru Visitor visa?
The duration of the Nauru Visitor visa is a maximum of 90 days.