- Do You Need Visa to Visit Togo?
- Visa Types
- Can I experience any problem with obtaining a visa on arrival despite I am eligible? - Which nationals are eligible for Togo Visa on Arrival? - Can I get Visa on Arrival to Togo, if I am traveling by land? - I am from a country whose citizens do not need a visa to enter Togo. Can I experience any problems at the border, while entering Togo? - What happens if my Togo visa application is rejected by the embassy/consulate? - Will my fees be refunded if my visa is refused? - Do I have to participate in the Embassy or Consulate in person? - Can the Embassy/Consulate request me to provide additional documents or information?
- Blogs About Togo That Might Inspire You to Visit
Do You Need Visa to Visit Togo?
Visa On Arrival
Visa is free
Visa is required
Do You Need Visa to Visit Togo? Check It Out!
Visa Types & Categories to Apply for Togo
You will be required a visa even if you are transiting through Togo unless you are from a visa-exempted national.
Holders of passports issued by any country in the world can obtain a Visa on Arrival to Togo. You can also apply for Togo visas at the embassies/consulates of Togo, if you want to avoid losing time for visa on arrival or getting a visa with longer validity period.
Togo Visa on Arrival
All nationals can obtain Visa on Arrival to Togo. Visa will be valid for 1 week (7 days), but the validity period of the visa can be extended for up to 90 days at the Foreigners and Passport Service in Togo.
If you choose to apply for a visa at the Togo embassies/consulates, your visa’s validity will be 30 days or 90 days (single-entry or multiple-entry) depending on your choice.
You can get Visa on Arrival at Togolese border points and international airports.
Required Documents for Togo Visa on Arrival
- Valid for the next six months after the end of your stay in Togo
- Signed by bearer
- Passport not older than 10 years (issued in the last 10 years)
- At least one or two free “visa pages”
- Undamaged pictures securely affixed with/to passport
- NEW! Should not be older than 6 months
- 4x6 cm Size
- The photo should present full face, front view, eyes open and without spectacles
- Write your name and surname on the back
3. Proof of the Return Ticket
4. Travel Insurance or Proof of Repatriation Deposit
5. Any Supporting Documents Proving Your Purpose of Travel
For Tourist visa:
- Confirmation of accommodation (hotel booking, apartment reservation, etc.)
For Business visa:
- Invitation letter or engagement letter by the company/organization (with all contact details of the partner in Togo)
For Immigrant visa:
- Proof of your income
- Health certificate
- Motivation letter (Explanation letter)
For Transit visa:
- Onward ticket to your final destination
- Visa/permit to your final destination country (if any)
For Professional visa:
- Your Press card
- Certificate from your press organ
- Engagement letter (Invitation letter)
- The list of your team’s members
- Accreditation from the Togolese Ministry in charge of Communication
6. Application Form
- If you apply for a visa via embassy/consulate, you must fulfill this document
*Additional documents can be required by the border control.
You can also apply for the above-mentioned visas via the embassy/consulate with the same documents.
Togo Visa on Arrival Fee
Togo Visa on Arrival fee is 20 USD for a 7-day visa. It can slightly vary depending on your nationality. You will pay an additional fee if you want to extend the validity period of your visa within Togo.
Where to Apply for Togo Visa on Arrival Application?
You will get your visa on arrival at Togolese border points and international airports.
Togo Long-term Visa
Different rules apply for the applicants who intend to stay longer than 90 days in Togo for different reasons. In this case, you may require authorization for a temporary stay. Most applicants are required to obtain a short-term visa and then apply for a Temporary Residence Permit when they enter Togo. We strongly recommend to check and verify this information with Togo embassies/consulates in your country or region before travel.
You can also apply for an extension of your visa’s validity period at the Foreigners and Passport Service in Togo.
EMBASSY INFORMATION AND LOCATION
Can I experience any problem with obtaining a visa on arrival despite I am eligible?
You have to present some required documents for obtaining a visa on arrival. Beyond these border control may require additional documents that prove your eligibility to enter Togo.
Which nationals are eligible for Togo Visa on Arrival?
All nationals from all the countries are eligible to Togo Visa on Arrival.
Can I get Visa on Arrival to Togo, if I am traveling by land?
You can get your visa on arrival to Togo at all Togolese border points and international airports.
I am from a country whose citizens do not need a visa to enter Togo. Can I experience any problems at the border, while entering Togo?
You must meet certain requirements to enter Togo, even if you are not required a visa:
- The purpose of your trip to Togo must be plausible and comprehensible.
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months beyond your stay in Togo.
- You must be able to finance your own living and travel costs.
- You must hold a confirmed return flight to prove that you are prepared to leave Togo before the duration ends.
- You must have travel health insurance for the whole duration of your stay in Togo.
- You must not pose a threat to security or public order.
What happens if my Togo visa application is rejected by the embassy/consulate?
If your Togo visa application is rejected, you will be notified by your mission that your application has been unsuccessful. You will be informed of the grounds on which it was rejected and have one month to appeal the decision by writing to the Togo mission. Your application will then be reconsidered. You can also apply for a visa again if your circumstances have changed.
Will my fees be refunded if my visa is refused?
All fees are non-refundable and will not be refunded by the embassy/consulate if your visa application is not successful.
Do I have to participate in the Embassy or Consulate in person?
It depends on your country of residence or the embassy/consulate/Visa Administrative Center’s rules and obligations. In some countries, sending your documents via courier is enough to the embassy/consulate/Visa Administrative Center.
Can the Embassy/Consulate request me to provide additional documents or information?
The embassy may request you to provide additional documents or information, according to your personal situation, even after you have submitted all the required documents mentioned on the official website of the Embassy/Consulate.