With the help of Pickvisa, you will get awesome information about how to get Tajikistan visa. But, firstly, let’s look at the overall country profile. Enjoy your reading!
Tajikistan is a border nation in Central Asia bordered in the south by Afghanistan, the east by China's Xinjiang, the north by Kyrgyzstan, and the west and northwest by Uzbekistan. It was a stop on the historic Silk Road. Unlike its neighbors to the north, west, and east, the Persian country has a non-Turkic prevailing culture. Only the Wakhan Corridor divides Afghanistan from Pakistan to the south.
For much of its history, the area that is now Tajikistan was part of the Persian empire. This region has played a significant role in the development of Persian culture and language.
Tajikistan has gone through three government changes and a five-year civil war since gaining independence from the Soviet Union in 1991. In 1997, warring factions negotiated a peace deal, which was implemented in 2000. Due to its lack of complete authority over some sections of the country, the central government has been compelled to compromise and form alliances with other groups. Following the war in Afghanistan, the international community has boosted economic development assistance, which has the potential to create employment and promote long-term safety. Tajikistan is in the process of applying for membership in the World Trade Organization and has joined NATO's Partnership for Peace. So, hope you can imagine Tajikistan in your mind, and it is time to change our sight to other reletad topics, such as Tajikistan visa free countries. Take a coffee, our journey is starting!
Tajikistan visa free countries
Unless they come from one of the visa free countries or countries whose residents are entitled for an electronic visa or (at Dushanbe airport) a visa on arrival, visitors to Tajikistan must get a visa from one of the Tajikistan diplomatic missions.
Tajikistan implemented a unilateral 30-day visa waiver for 52 countries on January 1, 2022. For a maximum stay of 30 days, Chinese nationals with public affairs passports do not require a visa.
Tajikistan does not require a visa for holders of diplomatic or official/service passports from Brunei, China, Hungary, India, Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, Romania, South Korea, Turkey, and holders of diplomatic passports solely from Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
Jordan signed a visa waiver agreement for diplomatic passports in 2017, but it has yet to take effect.
Visas for Tajikistan are available in a variety of forms
- Tourist Visa for Tajikistan This type of visa is provided to foreign people who are traveling for the sole purpose of tourist or enjoyment. Without an invitation, most individuals may apply for Tajikistan visa online.
- Tajikistan Visa for Business. Issued to foreign citizens visiting Tajikistan for business purposes, such as attending meetings, conferences, a symposium, concluding contracts, and so on. The hosting firm must provide a letter of invitation. This does not provide the bearer the right to work for a Tajiki firm.
- Tajikistan Visa (Private). Foreign citizens visiting Tajikistan for family or friends, medical treatment, or other short-term objectives are issued this visa.
- Investment Visa for Tajikistan Issued to representatives or leaders of firms making significant investments in Tajikistan, as well as the primary applicant's family members.
- Work Permit for Tajikistan This visa is for foreign citizens who have worked in a Tajikistan-based firm, as well as the primary applicant's family members.
- Study/Academic Visa for Tajikistan. Foreign nationals admitted to a Tajik educational institution, post-graduate students, doctoral students, and family members of the primary applicant are all eligible to receive this document.
Apply for Tajikistan visa
A Tajikistan visa can be obtained in one of the following ways:
- Online, using Tajikistan's official eVisa page
- If you are not qualified for an eVisa, you must apply for Tajikistan visa at an embassy or consulate.
- By the help of the Pickvisa team
How to get Tajikistan visa?
On June 1, 2016, Tajikistan implemented an E-visa system which is considered a milestone in Tajikistan visa policy. The E-visa is valid for both tourism and business and may be utilized at any border crossing. Visitors can purchase a $20 permit to visit the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region in addition to an eVisa.
Passport holders from 121 countries and territories can purchase a single or multiple entry e-Visa for US$30 before to arrival for a maximum stay of 60 days within 90 days.
You may apply for a Tajikistan eVisa via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs official website. This is a simple operation that will require you to:
- Submit your application over the internet.
- Pay the eVisa Tajikistan visa cost. The fees cannot be refunded.
- Remain patient until your visa is processed. It takes two working days to do this task. Tajikistan eVisa will be sent to your email address.
- Print the visa and carry it along with you on your trip.
Tajikistan eVisas are only issued for tourism purposes
Border crossings that are eligible: An eVisa allows you to enter Tajikistan via any airport or border crossing.
When you fill out the sections about your nationality and trip dates on the Tajikistan eVisa application, the criteria will show. A passport that is valid for at least six months is required at all times.
The Tajikistan eVisa permits the user to remain for up to 60 days in the country. The visa is valid for 90 days after it is issued and is single-entry.
If you are not qualified for an eVisa, you can obtain a visa at the nearest Embassy/Consulate or even on arrival in Tajikistan. This is a two-part application that needs both an online and in-person application:
- Register on the MFA's Tajikistan Visa website (here). This is not to be confused with the eVisa!
- Choose your nationality and the Embassy from which you will get your visa. If there isn't a Tajikistan diplomatic mission near you, you can receive a visa on arrival.
- Fill out the visa application.
- Be sure you include all of the relevant paperwork. A scanned copy of your passport, an invitation letter from a Tajikistan tour company, and a 56-photo of yourself are required. You'll need a letter of invitation from the firm hosting you if you're traveling on business.
- Pay the visa fee. The cost of a Tajikistan visa varies based on your country of origin.
- Wait for the visa application to be processed. This normally takes 5 business days.
- You will get an email confirmation.
- Depending on your preference, carry the printed confirmation letter to the Tajikistan Embassy where you applied for your visa or keep it with you to apply on arrival.
Tajikistan visa policy
The most prevalent form of Tajikistan visa (the eVisa) is only valid for 90 days after it is issued. Within the validity period, you can stay in Tajikistan for up to 60 days.
At the local Tajikistan Embassy or Consulate, you can apply for a visa with a varied duration.
Visa requirements for Tajikistan
The following are the conditions for obtaining a Tajikistan visa:
- Your passport must be valid for at least another six months after the date of admission.
- To pay the visa fee, you must have a valid debit or credit card.
- You can't have been convicted of a crime before.
- You must be a citizen of one of the eVisa-eligible countries.
- Any other needed documentation (depending on your nationality) must be presented.
The visa requirements for Tajikistan at the embassy vary depending on which nation you apply from. An invitation letter from a tour operator, a Tajik person, or a host company/organization is required.
Visa for business
For foreign nationals traveling to Tajikistan for business purposes, a Tajik business visa is required. Participation in business negotiations, meetings, symposiums, forums, conferences, and tenders; conclusion of contracts; formation of joint ventures; studying the Tajik market; participation in auctions, exhibitions, and fairs; providing advisory and audit services, and so on.
Tajik business visas are granted for the dates sought, but only for a maximum of six months. Tajikistan business visas can be renewed.
Authentic passport: Your passport must have at least two blank pages and be valid for at least three months after you exit Tajikistan.
Application for a visa: Now is the time to fill out the Application form online. Once you have placed your order for a Tajikistan business visa with our organization, you will receive thorough instructions on how to fill out the applications.
Photo: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm color photograph shot against a bright backdrop (white or off-white).
Supporting documentation for a visa: A letter from the company verifying the reason for the journey to Tajikistan, as well as a letter of invitation from the Republic of Tajikistan.
Tajikistan visa cost
The eVisa charge for Tajikistan is USD 50. The cost of applying for a GBAO permit is around USD 70. The Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region Permit permits the holder to enter the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region.
Is it Possible to Extend a Tajikistan Visa?
Except under exceptional circumstances, a Tajikistan tourist visa cannot be extended (force majeure).
If you have another sort of Tajiki visa that you wish to extend, you must submit an e-request to the Tajikistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Main Consular Department. Your existing visa must be valid, and you must provide all necessary documentation to support your request for an extension.