Asia has always been an attractive tourism destination for foreigners owes to its culture, tradition, cuisine, architecture, nature, and so on. One of the countries in Asia with huge popularity is Singapore. More than 17 million people travel here per year. What attracts them? The two main features that come to mind first about Singapore are delicious cuisine and exceptional architectural wonders. Visa waiver nationalities can visit the country freely and enjoy all secrets and beauties, but other visitors must undergo a visa procedure. In this blog, I will talk about one of the types of temporary visas, Singapore E-visa.
- What is e-visa for Singapore?
- What are the terms of application?
- What are the Singapore e visa photo requirements?
- How do I apply for e visa for Singapore?
- How much is the visa fee?
- Can I apply for an E-visa?
Singapore Visa Policy
You can travel to Singapore by getting a visa that matches the purpose of the visit. The purpose of the visit will clarify the required documents and all other terms that you should fit. Generally, we can divide the types of visas into four main categories:
- Short-term Visa. If you are not eligible for E-visa, you can realize your planned trip to Singapore by getting a short-term visa. All temporary visits, such as visiting family, tourism, attending a congress, participating in a cultural event, short-term work, and short-term education are included in this category. As there is more than one subcategory, the application process may have some unique terms related to the purpose of the visit. We can see differences in the documentation part, but the processing time and the visa fee are the same for all subcategories. You will pay something around 25-100 and wait almost three weeks for processing.
- Transit Visa. Interestingly, Singapore doesn't issue transit visas. If an applicant needs a visa, he (she) can apply for a visitor visa. Although there is a visa-free transit facility (VFTF), which lasts for 96 hours, it is available for all nationalities. Only the residents of the following countries can apply for visa-free transit facilities (VFTF): Georgia, India, the People’s Republic of China (PRC), Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Ukraine, and Turkmenistan. If you are from one of these countries, keep in mind that the visa is not extendable.
- Long-term visa. Regardless of nationality, all international residents that want to stay in Singapore for an extended period must obtain a visa. It means that, even if you hold a visa-waiver nationality passport, you should apply for a Singapore Long-term visa. As with the short-stay visa, it has several subcategories such as work, education,, and family reunification. Generally, the charge changes between 25-100 USD and processing lasts for several weeks (Application charge and the processing time may vary depending on the country of submission).
You can find details about visas in the "Services" section on our website.
What is e-visa for Singapore? It is a type of visa that allows certain nationalities to realize their temporary visit to Singapore through undergoing an online visa procedure. This type of application has many advantages over standard visa applications. First of all, you will not need to leave your house and wait for hours in long queues. Also, it is much easier to handle documentation. You just need a device with an internet connection, copies of documents, and a bank card.
Unfortunately, not all tourists can benefit from this online service. There is a list of E-visa eligible countries, and only they can realize Singapore e visa application. So, you should check the list first. If your country is not on that list, you can apply for a tourist visa. E-visa eligible countries are:
- North Korea (DPRK)
- Saudi Arabia
How do I apply for E-visa for Singapore?
Candidates will need to finish several basic steps during the application procedure. They will make their applications through the official website. To make it, applicants will register and provide their details. Followingly, they will upload the required documents and pay the visa charge. Finally, successful applicants will receive their visas via email. That is why provide a valid email address that you are currently using.
It is one of the essential steps of Singapore e visa application. Generally, issues related to documentation are the main reason for Singapore visa rejections. The most common problems are fake or missing documents. Sometimes people just forget to present some of the documents on the list. Thankfully the documentation step of Singapore E-visa is not complicated, and the list is not very long. Required documents are:
- Passport. Candidates' passports must answer these terms: being not older than ten years, signed by the bearer, having at least two free visa pages, and being valid for a minimum of 180 days beyond the departure date.
- Photo. Singapore e visa photo requirements are: taken within the last six months, frontal view of applicant's face must cover 70-80% of the photograph, 3x4 size, white background, clear facial features, and no cover on head.
Besides, you should present some documents when you arrive in the country.
- A printed version of the e-visa
- Travel Itinerary that shows flight and accommodation reservations. The details of accommodation must include the name of hotel/hostel/apartment, address, contact details, zip code, etc.
- Paper to prove that the visitor has enough financial means to cover all expenses during the planned trip.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination. Only the tourists who have visited the following countries six days before arriving in Singapore should present a paper about the Yellow Fever vaccine: Angola, Central African Republic, Ethiopia, Bolivia, Ecuador, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Gabon, Chad, French Guiana, Liberia, Colombia, Gambia, Niger, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Guyana, Mali, Sudan, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Argentina, Mauritania, Suriname, Burundi, Peru, Uganda, Brazil, South Sudan, Benin, Congo, Trinidad and Tobago, Cameroon, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Special requirement for female visors
In addition to document requirements, there are some extra terms for women. Divorced or unmarried women under 45 can't apply for a visa. What about married female applicants under 45? They should travel with their husband. If they travel alone with their children, then they must present a birth certificate of children and a marriage certificate.
The visa charge and Singapore e visa processing time
After uploading the required papers, you will pay the application fee. How much is the charge for Singapore E-visa? If you want to obtain a single entry E-visa, the fee will be around 25-100 USD. Depending on the submission country, the charge may vary slightly. Also, you may need to pay some extra fees. How long is the Singapore e visa processing time? The processing time is relatively short. Generally, it lasts for 1-3 working days. If the situation is urgent and the applicant wants to receive a visa quickly, he (she) can fasten the process by paying an extra charge.
How can I check the visa status?
In some cases, Singapore e visa verification may last long. If you face the same issue, you can check the status of your visa application by following the steps below:
- Enter the official website of Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
- Get to "e-Services and Forms" and choose "Apply for entry visa"
- Select “Enquire Application Status” or “Enquire Family Application Status” (depending on the applied visa)
- Write your “Visa Reference Number” and “Applicant’s Travel Document Number”
If you see the Singapore e visa verification page, you can print your E-visa.
Why visit Singapore?
We have already found answers to the most crucial questions about E-visa. Now, let’s answer this question: Is it worth visiting Singapore? I think that the best way to answer this question is by looking at numbers and checking the reviews of previous guests. We can see that number of tourists increases year by year, and most of them share positive stories and memories. What impressed them most?
- Architecture. While walking in the streets, you will feel like a time traveler. While wondering about charming colonial buildings, you will suddenly come across modern futuristic buildings.
- Singapore Zoo. Thanks to its open captivity style Singapore Zoo is well-known worldwide. Another advantage of the zoo is transport. You may prefer to ride a horse while observing animals, or you can take a short boat tour.
- Bars and restaurants. Undoubtedly, Singapore has some of the best bars and restaurants in the whole of Asia. Most of them are among the top 50 best bars and restaurants of Asia and have a rich menu.
- Cleanliness. Probably most of you have already heard that Singapore is one of the cleanest locations in the world. Owe to strict rules, there is no unpleasant smell in Singapore.
- Culture. Singapore is the home to various cultures and religions. The country has four official languages (Tamil, English, Malay, and Mandarin), and people from different religions and cultures live together in harmony.