Myanmar is a beautiful country with a rich culture and natural attractions, despite being cut off from the rest of the world until recently.
To enter Myanmar (formerly known as Burma), you will almost certainly need to apply for a Myanmar tourist visa on arrival (Burma Visa, as it is.). You will find information about Myanmar express tourist visa in this article. Also, questions like "Is there a multiple entry tourist visa for Myanmar?" will be answered. So, if you are ready, let's start!
Do I need a tourist visa for Myanmar?
Before travelling to Myanmar, citizens of most countries must apply for a visa. However, some countries' citizens are eligible for a Myanmar visa via a simplified online or on arrival process.
Do I need a tourist visa for Myanmar? Citizens of a few select countries are also exempt from needing a visa if they travel for a short period, such as business or tourism (exempted from Myanmar express tourist visa).
Who is not required to obtain a Myanmar tourist visa on arrival?
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries and plan to visit Myanmar for tourism, you will not need a Myanmar tourist visa for stays of up to 30 days:
• The Republic of Singapore (exempt from Myanmar tourist visa and business purposes)
• Hong Kong (China)
• Korea (South)
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries and plan to visit Myanmar tourist visa or business, you will not need a Myanmar visa for stays of up to 14 days:
Only ordinary passport holders are eligible for the exemption.
Holders of non-standard passports are exempt from Myanmar visa requirements.
You are exempt from a Myanmar visa for up to 90 days if you have a diplomatic, official, or service passport issued by one of the following countries:
• Japan (for holders of diplomatic passports only)
• Korea (South)
You are exempt from a Myanmar tourist visa for up to 30 days if you have a diplomatic, official, or service passport issued by one of the following countries:
• North Korea (DPRK)
Is there a multiple entry tourist visa for Myanmar?
Myanmar visas are classified according to the method of application and the purpose of entering the country.
Several options depend on the application method:
• Regular Myanmar visas, which must be applied for at a Myanmar embassy or consulate.
• Myanmar eVisa, which can be obtained online.
• Visa on Arrival in Myanmar, which is available at certain points of entry.
Myanmar visas are divided into three categories based on the purpose of travel:
• Myanmar Tourist Visa is granted to visitors who intend to visit the country for tourism or other recreational activities.
• Myanmar Business Visas, which are issued to foreigners who intend to conduct business in Myanmar (attend meetings or conferences, negotiate, etc)
• Myanmar Social Visa is issued to ex-Myanmar citizens or foreigners who have a Myanmar citizen in their family.
• Myanmar Employment Visa, which is given to foreigners who want to work in Myanmar;
• Myanmar Crew Visa, which is given to members of the airline crew.
• Myanmar Transit Visa is granted to foreigners passing through Myanmar on their way to a third country. This type of visa has a 24-hour validity period.
How long is Myanmar tourist visa valid?
Foreign Independent Travellers (F.I.T) and Package Tour Groups are the two types of tourist visas available. How long is Myanmar tourist visa valid? Visas for tourists are valid for three months. The duration of your stay in Myanmar is limited to four weeks from the date of your arrival. During their visit to Myanmar, tourists are only permitted to stay in hotels and guesthouses.
Documents Required for a Tourist Visa:
• Letter of Appointment (online Q number)
• One duly completed Entry Tourist Visa application form The applicant must sign each application form in its entirety. Correctly fill out the tourist visa application forms.
• Name/Business Card of the Applicant
• A photocopy of a passport page that includes the applicant's photo
• A photocopy of your IC, PR (with the Re-Entry Form-7), EP, or Student Pass ( Both sides)
• If the applicant is under the age of 15, a birth certificate must be submitted.
• TWO recent 12 x 2 inch photographs with a white background (Scanned photos are not allowed, without any Glasses & photo must be taken in 6 month time)
• Price of Myanmar tourist visa - 70$
• Passport with a six-month minimum validity period and two blank pages
• EVT (Package tour) visa applicants must obtain a confirmation letter from their respective land operator in Myanmar, detailing the tour members' names and passport numbers. The confirmation letter should be faxed or emailed to the Union of Myanmar Embassy in Myanmar by the land operator in Myanmar. The land operator must be a Myanmar Company
Act registered company. Please keep in mind that the visa officer has the authority to request additional documents or an interview if necessary.
Please keep in mind that Myanmar tourist visa processing time takes one working day, and anyone who makes any false statements will be denied entry.
What is the procedure for obtaining a Myanmar visa?
Foreigners who require a visa for Myanmar can obtain one in one of three ways:
• At a Myanmar embassy or consulate
• Online (Myanmar eVisa)
• When You Get There
Obtaining a Myanmar visa at a Myanmar embassy or consulate
If you want to apply for a Myanmar visa at one of Myanmar's embassies or consulates abroad, you must:
1. Locate and contact Myanmar's embassy or consulate in your country or the one in charge of your jurisdiction. Myanmar's embassies are listed here.
2. Determine whether you require an appointment and their hours of operation, and any special requirements.
3. Gather the necessary documents for a Myanmar visa
4. Bring the documents and application to your appointment on the scheduled date. Alternatively, some embassies and consulates will accept your application via mail.
5. Be patient while your visa is being processed.
6. If your application is approved, you can either pick up your visa or have it mailed to you, depending on how you submitted it.
7. You must enter Myanmar within three months of the expiration of your visa.
Myanmar tourist visa processing time
A regular Myanmar Visa application at the Embassy or Consulate takes about two weeks to process. However, processing time vary depending on the country you apply from, whether in person or by mail and the type of visa you apply for. Furthermore, if any documents are missing or incorrect, the processing time will be extended.
You should always apply well ahead of time, but no earlier than three months before you plan to travel.
The processing time for a Myanmar eVisa application is three days.
How long do tourist visa last in Myanmar?
A Myanmar visa is valid for three months after it is issued, during which time you can enter the country. The visa will expire if you do not enter within three months, and you will be unable to use it. How long do tourist visa last in Myanmar? Depending on the type of visa you have, you can stay in Myanmar for up to 28 days or 70 days.
• If you have the following documents, you can stay in Myanmar for up to 28 days:
Visa for Social Visits
Visa for crew members
Visa for Workshops/Seminars
• If you have the following documents, you can stay in Myanmar for up to 70 days:
Visa for Business
Visa for Work
If you stay longer than your visa allows, you will be charged an overstay fee (approximately $3 per day) when you depart.
Is it possible to extend a Myanmar visa?
The type of Myanmar visa you have determines whether or not you can extend it. A Myanmar Tourist Visa, as a result, cannot be extended. If you have another type of visa that can be extended, such as a business or employment visa, you can apply at Myanmar's Immigration Services.
Staying in Myanmar for a long time in search of work
You'll need a Stay Permit and a Multiple Journey Special Re-entry Visa if you want to live and work in Myanmar for an extended period.
The Stay Permit is valid for one entry and can be issued for three months to one year. As a result, you'll also need a Multiple Journey Special Re-entry Visa, which allows you to leave and return to Myanmar while you're there. Stay Permits, and Multiple Journey Special Re-entry Visas are handled by the Myanmar Ministry of Immigration and Population.
Price of Myanmar tourist visa
The following are the fees for visas:
• Myanmar Tourist Visa: USD 20;
• Myanmar Transit Visa: USD 18;
• Myanmar Business Visa: USD 20
• USD 180 for a multiple-journey special re-entry visa
• USD 36 for all other Myanmar visas (business, employment, education, journalist)
Note that Myanmar eVisas and Visas On Arrival have different prices
Is it safe to travel to Myanmar?
Myanmar is a relatively safe country to visit. When visiting popular tourist destinations such as Bagan, Inle Lake, Mandalay, Yangon, Hsipaw, Kiyakto, and the Mergui Archipelago, you should exercise caution.
Due to civil war and unrest, you should avoid certain areas, such as the states of Rakhine, Kachi, and Shan.