Lithuania, formally the Republic of Lithuania, is on the Baltic Sea's eastern shore. Latvia to the north, Belarus to the east, Poland to the south, and the Russian Federation's Kaliningrad Region to the north. The Baltic Sea shore serves as its natural border. Vilnius is located 24 kilometers northwest of Europe's geographic center.
Landscapes, flatlands, lush forests, lakes, and marches are all famous in Lithuania. Tourists are also drawn to the coastline, which has sandy beaches where amber can be found, and the Curonian Spit, which has stunning images and dunes.
Vilnius, which has Central and Eastern Europe's largest medieval old town, is becoming increasingly famous for its warm sense of history, spellbinding architectural heritage, and busy cafe culture.
Domestic tourism is also quite popular, with a 12 percent increase in 2018. 70% of Lithuanians prefer to spend their vacations in the country.
Lithuania visa eligibility
The criteria for a Lithuanian visa vary depending on the reason for your travel and the length of your stay. The following are the several categories of Lithuania visas:
Schengen Visa: There are two sorts of Schengen visas: Airport Transit Visa (A) and Short-Stay Visa (S) (C).
Travellers who need to catch a connecting flight, ferry, or train into or out of Lithuania are awarded an airport transit visa (A). It's suitable for travel through foreign transit zones like airports. It will, however, apply to all Schengen countries.
Short-Stay Schengen Visa (C): The short-stay Schengen visa allows for a stay of up to three months; however, it must be completed within six months of admission into any of the Schengen member states. It can, however, be used as a single or multiple entry visas.
National Visa: If you need to stay in the country for more than 90 days.
Is Lithuania part of Schengen?
The Schengen Area is an area in which 26 European countries have abolished their internal borders to allow for free and unrestricted movement of people while also adhering to common rules for controlling external borders and combating criminality by bolstering the common judicial system and police cooperation.
Because Lithuania is part of the Schengen Area of European countries that have abolished border controls amongst themselves, you will require a Lithuania Schengen Visa if you want to stay for less than 90 days.
If you plan to visit, study, work or live in Lithuania for an extended period of time, you will need to apply for a separate Lithuania Schengen Visa appointment.
If you are a citizen of a non-Schengen nation that does not have a visa-free travel agreement with the region, or if you have been denied visa-free travel, you will require a Schengen Visa to visit Lithuania. Lithuania is the simplest country to obtain a Schengen Visa, with officials approving 98.7% of applications.
For adults, the typical charge for processing a Lithuania visa application is €80, while for kids, the Lithuania visa fee is €40.
Why is a Lithuania visa application needed?
In order to visit Lithuania, all citizens must obtain a Lithuania visa. If you have a Schengen visa, you may not need a Lithuanian visa. It does, however, only allow you to visit Lithuania for a limited time. If you plan to stay in Lithuania for an extended period of time, you'll require a Lithuania National Visa.
Lithuania visa policy
A uniform visa policy applies to countries that have signed the Schengen Agreement. Only one visa is required for the Schengen area. This means that if you want to travel throughout the Schengen area, you just need one visa. There is also a Lithuania visa policy about it. Institutions of the Republic of Lithuania began issuing Schengen visas and having access to the Schengen Information System, including the VIS Mail system for Schengen visa questions, on the first day of Lithuania's membership in the Schengen group.
Lithuania visa application process
A Lithuanian visa can be obtained quickly and easily. This link will allow you to fill out the visa application form electronically. Please note that you cannot fill out the application form by hand; it will be rejected in this case. It should be filled out electronically, and then a printout of the completed application form should be obtained. You'll also need to sign the application and submit any relevant documents and photos.
It is important to know that there are no visa application centres in Lithuania. It can only be sent directly to the Lithuanian Embassy in New Delhi.
After that, you'll need to make a Lithuania Schengen visa appointment with the Lithuanian Embassy in New Delhi. This link will allow you to schedule an appointment online. Per application, only one appointment is valid. Moreover, how to get Lithuania visa? In addition, the preceding URL only applies to Schengen visas. If you want to apply for a National Visa (D), you must send an email to consul from the organization that invited you. In addition, the following details will be needed:
• The applicant's entire name
• The applicant's passport number
• Number of invitations (the invitation number can be submitted through the EPIS Information System of Public Services)
• Appointment time and date (preferred, but it will depend on the availability of the date)
Your meeting will take place at the Lithuanian Embassy in New Delhi. For the appointment, you must show up in person.
Finally, you'll get a receipt for the services and money you paid for during the procedure. You will also receive a verification number that you may use to verify the status of your visa application.
Lithuania visa requirements
Depending on the aim of your visit to Lithuania, you will need to apply for a different type of visa. Whether you plan to visit, study, or work in Lithuania and live there permanently, you will need to apply for a distinct Lithuanian Schengen Visa.
You can apply for the Lithuania Schengen Visa since 2007, when Lithuania as a Member State of the EU also became the Schengen Area's member state.
General required documents which are Lithuania visa requirements for Lithuania Schengen visa application:
1. It is the link to the Lithuania Schengen visa application form. Firstly, download the application form and complete it completely and honestly. You can also electronically fill out the Lithuania Schengen Visa application form and then print a printed copy.
2. Two images must be attached; one must be in passport format, and the other must be a current whole-face photograph with a light backdrop. Learn more about the rules and specifications for visa photos from the official website.
3. There'll need your passport and copies of your previous visas, which must be reliable for a period of at least three months after your return date. Two blank pages are required in your passport, at least.
4. A copy of your reservation for a return flight If not otherwise needed, purchasing a ticket before getting a visa is not recommended.
5. Confirmation of Europe travels medical insurance coverage of at least 30,000 Euros inside Lithuania and the Schengen area.
6. A cover letter outlining the cause for the trip to Lithuania as well as the itinerary.
7. Dates and flight numbers detailing entry and exit from Lithuania are included in the flight reservation.
8. Reservation of a hotel room for the entire duration of the expected stay in Lithuania.
9. Validation of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
10. Subsistence - Evidence of sufficient financial resources for the duration of your stay in Lithuania. When applying for a Lithuanian Visa, a foreign citizen must certify to the Lithuanian Embassy or Consulate that he or she is in possession of 40 euros each day.
If you're employed:
• You'll need a contract
• Bank statement from the previous six months
• Employer's no-objection certificate
• Form ITR (Income Tax Return) or Certificate of Income Tax Deducted at Source (CITD)
If you work for yourself:
• You’ll need a copy of your company license
• A copy of your most recent six-month bank statement
• Return on Taxes (ITR)
If you're a student, you should:
• Enrollment confirmation
• Leave a letter of consent from your school or university
If you're retired:
• Include a six-month pension statement
Duration of Lithuania Schengen visa. Because the tourist visa is part of the Schengen visa, it will be valid for 90 days. It permits you to travel to another Schengen country. It is valid for both single and multiple entries.
How much is the Lithuania visa fee?
For all forms of Lithuania visa fees, a cost of 60 Euros is payable. In addition, the charge can only be paid in Euros. As a result, you'll have to change from rupees. The payment will be made at the current currency rate.
Separately, there are Lithuania visa fees for each section. For instance:
• Document proving sufficient means of subsistence (APPROXIMATELY 40 EUROS PER DAY) and return funds (The cost of returning to your home nation or a foreign country to which you have permission to travel, as well as the amount of funds – is defined as the amount of 0.5 minimum monthly salary for one month, the amount for return to the country of origin or a foreign country to which you have the right to travel, and the number of funds – 1 month's minimum wage)
• The health insurance document must be at least EUR 30,000