Portugal tourist visa requirements
This article will inform you about Portugal tourist visa and requirements for Portugal tourist visa, documents required for Portugal tourist visa under the "Required Documents" section. Also, you can get information about the Portugal tourist visa checklist, Portugal tourist visa online application and answer the question How do I get a tourist visa for Portugal. Information about Portugal tourist visa processing time, Portugal tourist visa price, Portugal tourist visa validity are provided under the section with the relevant name.
Portugal tourist visa
Portugal is a country that caters to a wide range of interests. Portugal is full of museums, monuments, and stunning architecture, from historic cities like Porto and Coimbra to the rich cultural centre of Lisbon. Portugal has a fantastic variety of towns and cities worth visiting despite its small size - and the best part is that they aren't too far apart! Lisbon has elegant architecture, while Porto has a rambling old-world charm. There are whitewashed villages with a hint of Moorish influence in the south, and in Sintra, there are fairytale castles. If you want to see all of these sights, a Portugal tourist visa may be required.
One of the types of Portuguese Schengen visas is the tourist visa. It is a three-month visa issued to people who want to visit Portugal as a tourist but do not come from a country with which Portugal has a visa-free agreement.
If you obtain a tourist visa for Portugal, you can also travel to the other Schengen countries.
You do not need a Portugal tourist visa if you are from one country with which Portugal has a visa-free agreement. For up to 90 days, citizens of the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brazil, the United Arab Emirates, and many other countries are free to travel to Portugal and the other Schengen States without a visa. If you need a Schengen visa, you only need a visa to visit Portugal as a tourist.
If you have a question about other Schengen countries after getting a Portugal Schengen visa, let's give you a look! If you obtain a tourist visa for Portugal, you will travel throughout the Schengen Area. Portugal is a member of the Schengen Agreement, which allows 26 European countries to share a single Schengen tourist visa.
As a result, a Schengen visa for Portugal is the same as a tourist visa for Portugal.
In most cases, you will be able to visit other Schengen countries regardless of which Schengen country issued your visa. There are, however, some exceptions. For instance, if you receive a visa with the words "Schengen States (PT)" on it, you can only visit Portugal.
If you are looking for requirements for Portugal tourist visa, documents required for Portugal tourist visa, you are in the right place! We will give the names of 11 documents that are required for a Portugal tourist visa.
The following documents are required for the application for a tourist visa to Portugal:
- Valid for an additional three months after leaving Portugal/the Schengen Area.
- The visa must be attached to at least two blank pages.
2. Previous Visa Copies
3. The Form of Portugal Visa Application
- The form can be downloaded from the Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website.
- It must be printed and signed. A parent or legal guardian can sign on behalf of a minor.
4. Pictures of Passport Size
- They must meet the photo requirements for Schengen visas.
5. Health Insurance
- It must adhere to Schengen standards.
- It must be valid throughout the Schengen Zone.
- Medical and evacuation costs must be covered to the tune of at least €30,000.
6. Portugal Tourist Visa Fee Payment
7. Your Travel Route
- For instance, booked flight tickets.
8. Cover Letter of Portugal Tourist Visa
The following must be included in the letter:
- Your details (name, nationality, employment status)
- The reason for your journey
- The arrival and departure dates
- Will you travel to another Schengen country besides Portugal?
- Your schedule of events, etc.
9. Proven Sufficient Fund
- You must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while in Portugal. This can be accomplished by submitting bank statements.
10. Proven Accommodation in Portugal
- Booking a hotel or other type of tourist accommodation.
- Invitation letter from a friend or relative (if you will stay with someone in Portugal)
11. Documents related to Employment Status
- Work contract and a letter of work leave from your employer if you are employed.
- If you're self-employed, you'll need your business registration certificate.
- A certificate of enrollment from your university or school if you are a student.
- Your pension certificate, if you're retired.
Include the following documents if a minor is travelling to Portugal alone:
- Birth certificate
- A letter of consent signed by both parents or legal guardians is required. If the child is only in the custody of one parent or guardian, provide documentation to prove it.
- A copy of the parents' or legal guardians' passports
Do not Forget:
- All required documents must be written in English. You must have them translated if they are not.
- Birth and marriage certificates, for example, must be legalized by an Apostille Stamp or the Portuguese Embassy in your country.
How do I get a tourist visa for Portugal?
In this section, you will be informed about Portugal tourist visa online application, Portugal tourist visa checklist, and you will have the answer to the question of "How do I get a tourist visa for Portugal?".
You should try to contact the nearest Portuguese Embassy or Consulate to apply for a Portugal Tourist visa. Then you must do the following:
1. Download the Portugal visa application form and fill it out. The application form for a Portugal Schengen visa can be found on the Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website.
2. Collecting of the Required Documents
3. Schedule an appointment with the Portuguese Embassy to submit the documents.
4. Paying of the Portugal tourist visa application fee
5. Bring your documents to your appointment on the scheduled date. You might be required to attend a visa interview.
6. Be patient while your visa is being processed. This can take a few weeks – or even longer in some cases.
7. You will be notified of the decision by the Portuguese Embassy. You can go pick up the visa if it's positive.
8. Travel to Portugal by the visa's expiration date.
Portugal tourist visa processing time
From the time they receive your documents, the Embassy takes about 15 calendar days to process your application. Depending on whether you have all of the required documents and the time of year, it may take longer (it can take longer in the holiday season because of the number of applications).
Portugal tourist visa price
The following are the fees for a Schengen/tourist visa in Portugal:
- €80 for adults and children over the age of 12
- €40 for children aged 6 to 12
- Free for children under the age of 6
- €35 for Azerbaijani and Russian citizens (adults and children over the age of 12)
If you meet the following criteria, you are exempt from paying the Portugal tourist visa fee:
- You're visiting or travelling with a close relative who is an EU/EEA national
- You're on an educational trip as a student or a teacher
- You're a researcher on a mission to conduct scientific research
Portugal tourist visa validity
The Portugal tourist visa can be issued for a maximum of three months, but the validity is determined by the Portuguese Embassy. They may only issue a tourist visa for a few days or for the entire duration of your trip in some cases. For example, they may only issue your visa for the period during which you have a hotel reservation.
In addition, depending on the length of stay, there are two types of Portugal tourist visas:
- Portugal tourist visa single entry - It can only be used once in Portugal and the Schengen Area. Even if your visa is still valid, you will be unable to return once you have left.
- Portugal tourist visa multiple entry - For as long as your visa is valid, you can visit Portugal and other Schengen countries multiple times. The total number of days you spend in Portugal/Schengen cannot exceed 90.
This article included Portugal tourist visa, requirements for Portugal tourist visa, documents required for Portugal tourist visa. 11 required documents were given relative to the above keywords. Now, you had a view about your question "How do I get a tourist visa for Portugal?". Portugal tourist visa checklist and Portugal tourist visa online application were also under the same section. Depending on some situations, normally Portugal tourist visa processing time is 15 calendar days. Portugal tourist visa prices change relative to the age of a person, and for Azerbaijan and Russian, whose fees are a little bit different from other countries. Portugal tourist visa validity was given under two sections: Portugal tourist visa single entry and Portugal tourist visa multiple entry. Hope you have found this article helpful on the way to Portugal! Enjoy your trip!