Tips to get Germany car visa
Germany has a good reputation for being one of the leading countries in almost every field. The country is a great example of effective governing to the world. It was never seen before a country gaining its might so quick after the immense destruction of the war. Thanks to all the investment in education, the country now enjoys the benefits. Germany is also known as the country of cars. Every year millions of people visit Germany for different purposes, and in this article, we will cover details of visa requirements, especially regarding bringing a car from Germany. First, let’s learn the visa policy of Germany.
Germany visa policy
As you know, Germany is a member country of the Schengen area. So it complies with Schengen visa requirements. However, if a person plans to work, study, or anything that requires a stay of more than 90 days, will need to apply for national visas. According to the rules, aside from the members of the Schengen countries and European countries, nationals of the following countries do not need a visa or other words, are Germany visa free countries:
Australia, Antiga and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, El Salvador, Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kiribati, Macao, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Taiwan, Timor-Leste (East Timor), Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, USA, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Uruguay, Vanuatu.
Germany visa free countries can take advantage of it and move around the Schengen are free of charge. If you are asking how to get Germany visa? to acquire a visa, nationals of other countries are obliged to apply through German embassies. One should always consider critical issues regarding visas such as requirements for Germany visa, Germany visa application, types of Germany visa, Germany visa fees well before deciding on Germany.
Germany visa application and requirements
In general, there are 3 types of Germany visa. Although requirements for Germany visa remain similar for each, some additional requirements, depending on the type can be requested. Let’s start with Schengen visas. These visas are designed for short stays of up to 90 days. Depending on the type of visa, additional requirements can be set, but the majority of them remain the same. If you do not know how to get Germany visa, you have to present the following documents:
• Germany visa application form – this is the same application that you fill for the Schengen visa
• Two photos – should meet the requirements of passport format, and it should include the full face. The background should be white or light-coloured. Head coverage should not exceed 70-80% of the photo. The photo should cover your eyes. The person must show no facial expression. The Colour of the clothes is recommended to be different from the background (ideally a uniform)
• Passport– Your passport should have a validity of a minimum of three months after the date of returning. It should contain two pages that are not used
• Photocopies – Applicant should present a duplicate of the main page of the passport and copies of previous Schengen visas if he travelled to the Schengen area before
• If the country you reside in and your citizenship is different, you should present a passport copy. If not, then a resident permit and national ID should be submitted. Bear in mind that your documents should be valid at least 3 months after the date of your travel
• Ticket booking – Dates of entry and leaving Schengen area should be shown
• Insurance for the travel – Minimum coverage of insurance should not be less than 30 000 euro
• The document that proves your accommodation for the travel – If you are going to stay in a hotel, it should be a hotel reservation. If you rent a house, a tenancy agreement should be presented. For those who own property in Monaco or France certificate of ownership should be submitted
• A document for identifying the civil status of the applicant – a document that shows your marital status, birth certificate of your children, death certificate of your spouse
• Financial prove that you have enough financial means during your stay in Germany. Bank statement proving that the applicant can spend 45 euros for a day during his/her stay in the Schengen area
• A document that shows your professional status – It can be a school certificate, employment contract, pension contract, or anything that shows you receive the pension
You might be wondering how to make Germany visa appointment? Well, to do that, you have to contact the local German embassy. One of the frequently asked questions is how much is Germany visa fee? The fee for a Schengen visa is 80 euros, and it is asked to be paid upon the application. However, for nationals of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, and Ukraine, the number is 35 euros. Processing time for the Schengen visa can vary, but they are mostly done within 15 days.
Germany car visa
For those who plan to buy a car from Germany will need a visa, if he/she is not from visa-free countries. However, what are the requirements for a German car visa? And what are the Germany car visa benefits?
This visa type is considered to be part of the Schengen visa, so it is a short-stay visa. To get one, the applicant should present the following documents to the German consul or embassy in English or German:
Visa application filled in by the applicant
• Which should remain valid for 3 months after the expiration of the visa
• Should possess at least 2 empty pages
• Copies of previous Schengen visas, stamps, and the pages that have notes.
• Actual (taken recently) biometric passport photo with a size of 3.5x4.5 cm
National ID Card
• With a copy of it
• Should be worth of 30 000 euros minimum.
• Should be acceptable for every member country of the Schengen area
Proof of the purpose of the visit
• Invitation letter from the company which sell a vehicle to the applicant (Original, or scanned)
• The invitation letter should cover the details of the name and contact, address details of the company/Seller party
• Name and professional status of the person who invites the applicant
• Detailed information on the inviter
• The time length of the planned visit and exact details of the car sale contract and details of the car
• Registration number of the company
The voucher that indicates hotel reservation
Valid driver license
Ticket bookings which include details on stay and contact address details of the hotel
Financial proof that the applicant can sustain himself during the stay
• Bank statement for last 3 months’ economic activity, travel checks, or document showing the income of the applicant
If it is the second time of the applicant, then he will need to present the following:
• Certificate of the vehicle (original + copy)
• export, import or customs documents (original + copy)
The visa fee for German car visa remains the same as the Schengen visa fees.
One of the Germany car visa benefits is that for many people, it is more economical. Note that application steps are the same as other Schengen visas.
Tamerlan Mehdiyev is a science geek. He is doing a master's in Earth sciences and now planning to research climate change. He loves nature and fond of observing the beauties of the Earth. He believes traveling can help him to grow wise and find inner peace. His life goal is to see different places, cultures, people as many as possible.