The UK is one of the most visited countries in the world. With its rich history, ancient castles, and extraordinary landscapes Uk reminds us of fragments from fairy tales. Today union of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland allowed these countries to gather their strengths together thus making it one of the most powerful countries in the world both from an economical perspective and military. People from all over the world desire to see the country at least once. Some even work hard to be eligible to move to the UK and pursue their dreams. Indeed, the UK still is a place where so many dreams turn into reality. İndeed, the UK has all it takes to be a country to adorn so many’s dreams. A strong and transparent economy alongside the superiority of law over anything assures the prosperity of the country. There are different ways to settle in the UK. In most cases, people are asked to start UK visa application. Pickvisa with its professional team is always ready to help you in this matter. As one of the global talent visa UK consultants, our services are available to anyone. We will make sure that you get your visa at the right time with little effort.
To travel to the UK one must know about legal conditions and regulations. As we mentioned before there are different ways to get a visa to the UK. One of them is through UK Global Talent visa. What is global talent visa UK? We will elaborate on that issue. For this article, we will mainly concentrate on this type of visa. But to have extended knowledge on Global Talent visa, first, we need to learn ABC’s of the UK visa policy.
UK Visa Policy
According to regulations on entries to the UK set by the government of the UK, depending on nationalities some people might need a visa to enter the country. You can identify whether your country is a visa-free or visa-required country by checking out our visa policy section. Once you click visa policy, you will see lists of countries. There choose the UK to further learn about UK’s visa policy. There are many types of visas to the UK. They can be divided into two major categories which are short-term visas and long-term visas. They have many subcategories such as Visitors visas, study visas, short-term work visas, long-term work visas, etc. Another way to categorize visas is to divide them into 5 tiers. Global Talent Visa is for example a tier 1 visa. UK visa requirements differ from visa to visa. Depending on your travel reason you might be asked for a specific document that is not asked for other visa types. How to get a UK visa? There are several ways to obtain a visa to the UK. The most popular one is to apply it through foreign representatives of the UK. Nevertheless, you might have other options such as applying it online depending on your nationality.
What is global talent visa the UK?
A global talent visa is the kind of visa that individuals with expertise in specific sectors can apply for. Using this visa they will be able to work in one of the specific sectors. Since 2020, it is used as a tier 1 visa. These specific sectors are mainly academia or research, arts, and culture, digital technology. One of the main steps to get a global talent visa is to seek approval from one of six endorsing bodies set by the UK Home Office. These six endorsing bodies correspond to different fields, and sectors. To give you much comprehensive idea, we can take fields of science as an example. This field can be humanities, engineering, medicine, the social sciences, etc. To seek endorsement you will be directed to The British Academy, Royal Society, or UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). If it is engineering then you will need to contact the Royal Academy of Engineering. If your interest is a non-academic career, then you will need to contact either Arts Council England or Tech Nation. You might wonder and ask about UK global talent visa success rate. Around 2000 people successfully receive the visa every year. UK global talent visa success rate is around 50-60 percent. It roughly means that only one in two applications is successful.
Global Talent Visa for Researchers and Academics
As we already noted, researchers and academics will need to obtain an endorsement. They can take different routes to fulfill this goal:
- One should be appointed to a position at one of the approved higher education institutes in the UK. It is a relatively fast track. This position can be related to academia, research, leadership, etc. British Academy, Royal Academy of Engineering, and the Royal Society are the bodies that administrate the route.
- British Academy, Royal Academy of Engineering, and the Royal Society have approved individual fellowships. Whoever manages to access one of the fellowships approved by the noted endorsing bodies can be granted an endorsement.
- Another way to gain a Global Talent visa is to successfully win a grant from an endorsed funder approved by UKRI. The institute should be approved by UKRI as well.
- Researchers can submit an application that will be undergone a full peer review by the endorsing bodies such as the British Academy, Royal Academy of Engineering, or Royal Society.
Once you get your endorsement, the only step left to travel to the UK will be visa procedure.
Global Talent Visa for Digital Tech
There is a great need for people with IT backgrounds in the UK. The brightest tech talents from all over the world can apply for a visa to work in the UK. To get a global talent visa, one must seek an endorsement. He or she should prove skills, and capabilities. You accomplish it if you achieved one of these:
- You have already founded a digital company or had a senior position at a digital company.
- You have worked as an employee at a digital company or you have worked as a mentor or participated in collaborative projects.
- You have shown exceptional performance, making a great contribution to the company.
- You have accomplished publishing research in a related field.
Once you successfully receive an endorsement, you can start your UK visa application.
How to get a UK visa?
To get a visa, one will need to contact one of the foreign representatives of the UK. If there is none in your country, you can locate the nearest one. Once you have it located, you can start your application. Before that, you should know about UK visa requirements. Here you will find the list of documents needed for the application:
- You should fill out the application form. The process is online and you will need to submit it to the online system of UKRI. Once you pay the fee and submit your application, you will be directed to the application center that corresponds to your country.
- You will need your valid travel document which is a document that demonstrates the identity and nationality of the holder.
- If you have any previous passports indicating visas, you will need to bring them as well.
- You will be asked to bring an endorsement letter provided by one of the 6 endorsing bodies.
- If you do not have the right to reside in the country you are applying to, you will need to present a Confirmation of Legal Residence.
- Details regarding your stay in the country you apply from.
- You will need the results of your Tuberculosis tests. This is required if you are going to stay in the UK for more than 6 months.
Global Talent Visa Costs and Visa Processing Time
You will need to pay for fees when you seek an endorsement and when you apply for the visa. In most cases, the total amount of money you will pay for fees as a sum will be 608 pound sterling. Most part of the money will be paid for getting an endorsement (in most cases it is 456 pounds sterling). Aside from this price, you will be asked to pay a total amount of 624 pounds sterling yearly basis as a healthcare surcharge. If you are from one of the eligible countries then the 55 pounds sterling will be reduced. Nonetheless, costs can change depending on the situation. Regarding the processing time for the applications to the global talent visa, it is done within 3 weeks if you apply outside the UK.
To wrap up, the UK is an extremely enticing country for talented people. It offers great career opportunities. Global Talent Visa is a great way to start your career in the UK. To do that, you might need help since the procedure can be frasturating. As one of the global talent visa UK consultants, Picvkisa is determined to do its best to make sure you get your visa to the UK. Use our services to realize your dreams in the UK.