Today we will talk about the home of both modern parliamentary democracy and the industrial revolution. The rich culture and history of this land have been attracting people since the old times. Why visit the United Kingdom? There are various reasons to travel to this mesmerizing country, for example, football. As most of you know, England and other countries of the United Kingdom are good at football. Also, another reason can be a startup project. The UK seems quite attractive for entrepreneurs. There are thousands of entrepreneurs that want to realize their dreams in the UK. Considering this, we decided to talk about entrepreneur visa UK. In this blog, you will find answers to these questions: what is an entrepreneur visa UK, what is a graduate entrepreneur visa UK, what is a prospective entrepreneur visa UK, what are UK entrepreneur visa requirements, and more.
The visa policy
International residents that want to travel to the United Kingdom must answer the visa requirements and provide required documents and details. The UK visa policy includes the four constituent lands that make up the United Kingdom: England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland, as well as the Crown territories of the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. The Channel Islands are the Bailiwick of Guernsey and the Bailiwick of Jersey. There are several types of visas for the UK. The kind of visa depends on the visitor's nationality, duration of stay, and purpose of travel. The UK visa types are:
• UK Visit Visas
• UK Study Visas
• UK Short-term Work Visas
• UK Long-term Work Visas
• UK Investor Business Development and Talent Visas
All of these categories have some subcategories. So, before applying for a visa, you should check the list carefully to find out which type exactly you want.
UK Visit Visas:
• Standard Visitor Visa
• Marriage Visitor Visa
• Permitted Paid Engagement Visa
• Parent of Tier 4 child visa
• Visit the UK in a Chinese tour group
• Visa to pass through the UK in transit
UK Study Visas:
• Short-term Study Visa
• General Student Visa (Tier 4)
• Child Student Visa (Tier 4)
UK Short-term Work Visas:
• Temporary Worker Charity Worker visa (Tier 5)
• Temporary Worker Creative and Sporting visa (Tier 5)
• Temporary Worker Government Authorized Exchange visa (Tier 5)
• Temporary Worker International Agreement visa (Tier 5)
• Temporary Worker Religious Worker visa (Tier 5)
• Temporary Worker Seasonal Worker Visa (Tier 5)
• Youth Mobility Scheme visa (Tier 5)
UK Long-term Work Visas:
• General Work Visa (Tier 2)
• Intra-Company Transfer Visa (Tier 2)
• Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2)
• Sportsperson Visa (Tier 2)
UK Investor, Business Development, and Talent Visas:
• Innovator visa
• Start-up visa
• Global Talent visa
• The investor visa (Tier 1)
All countries around the world have a list of visa-free countries. As most of you know, such kinds of lists are created throughout specific agreements between countries. Now, residents of 87 countries can go to the United Kingdom without applying for a visa. Almost all European countries have a visa-waiver agreement with the United Kingdom (there are some exceptions). Some of those non European countries on the list are:
• Antigua and Barbuda
• Brunei Darussalam
• El Salvador
• Czech Republic
• Hong Kong
• Marshall Islands
• New Zealand
• Papua New Guinea
• Saint Kitts and Nevis
• Solomon Islands
• Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
• Timor-Leste (East Timor)
• Trinidad and Tobago
• The United States of America
Prospective entrepreneur visa UK
This type has recently undergone few changes. It is now part of the Standard Visitor visa. Previously, it was the first step for a UK tier 1 entrepreneur visa. There are some changes related to tier 1 entrepreneur visa UK. Now, the UK tier 1 entrepreneur visa is not reachable. People who have dreams about starting a business in Uk can apply for an Innovator visa or a Startup visa. However, if you have a tier 1 entrepreneur visa, you can:
• Settle in the UK
• Extend your visa
• You can bring your family to live with you
If you want to apply for UK Investor Visa, you will need to provide these documents:
• Application form
• Valid travel document
• Previous travel documents and passports
• Endorsement letter
• Confirmation of legal residence
• Details of accommodation (in the UK) and your travel plans
• Tuberculosis (TB) test results
• Criminal record certificate
• Proof of investment funds
• Proof of having a UK bank account
In the following sections, we will give details about the Start-up visa ( entrepreneur visa).
The graduate entrepreneur visa UK
Graduate tier 1 entrepreneur visa UK is another type of visa that was cancelled by the government. Now, it is part of a Start-up visa. So, if you want to apply for a graduate entrepreneur visa UK, you should apply for a Start-up visa.
UK entrepreneur visa. UK entrepreneur visa is for foreign entrepreneurs from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to set up a business in the UK. The main target of the visa is people who have an innovative, viable, and scalable business idea. The idea of the applicant should be valued and supported by a Home Office-approved endorsing body. The endorsing body consists of UK HEIs (Higher Education Institutions) and business organizations such as accelerators, incubators, and VC firms.
UK entrepreneur visa requirements
Having a brilliant business idea is not enough to get a visa. Besides, you should answer the requirements, such as the IELTS requirement for UK entrepreneur visa. What are the other conditions? There are several documents and details that all participants must provide during the application process. Those documents and information are:
• Application form. Applicants will use the UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration department) system to fill the form. All applicants must fill the form. After finishing the form and paying the charge, you will be directed to the corresponding application centre. Also, here some applicants may pay an additional fee. The name of that payment is "User Pays Fee." How much is the charge? It will be 55 GBP.
• Valid travel document. It can be a passport or another paper that allows realizing international visits.
• Documents related to previous travels and passports; It is one of the key factors that impact the visa application process
• Endorsement letter. You will need this to prove that the approved body has valued your business or business idea.
• Personal savings. You will need to show some amount of money in your bank account. It is needed to show that you have enough fundings to finance your life in the UK. Applicants must have 945 GBP in their bank account for 90 days before the application.
• Confirmation of legal residence. If the applicant is not a resident of the country in which he is applying ( also, if he's right to reside there is not included in the passport)
• Details about your travel plans and where you will stay: You should book accommodation and a flight ticket after getting a visa.
• Tuberculosis (TB) test results; You will need it if: you are a citizen of the country where you come from, or you will stay for more than six months in the United Kingdom. Where should I give the Tuberculosis test? There is a list of clinics.
• Proof of having skills in English ( IELTS requirement for UK entrepreneur visa); As you know, the official language of the United Kingdom is English, and all applicants must have English knowledge. You will need a certificate to prove your skills. You must give an exam in the approved centre. On the other hand, citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad, and Tobago, USA don't need a language test
• There can be some additional documents
The fee and processing time
Besides the documents, another requirement is the fee. How much is the visa fee? The charge for a visa is 363 GBP. Also, as part of your application, you will pay a healthcare tax. It is designed to finance healthcare from the UK National Health Service (NHS). You will get a chance to use it if your application will be successful. You will not pay any money for visiting a doctor, healthcare centre, or hospital. But, it doesn't cover dental, optical treatment, and any medicine purchase. How many days will I wait after finishing all the steps? The average processing time lasts up to three weeks if you are applying from outside of the United Kingdom.
UK entrepreneur visa success rate
Living and working in the UK is the dream of millions of people. Not surprising that every year thousands of people travel to the UK to start a business and so on. Above, we mentioned the visa application process and requirements, but how many of the applicants get success? When we search for it, we can see that the UK entrepreneur visa success rate in 2019 and 2020 is 93.17% and 97.21%, respectively. Let's see what kind of results we will see in 2021.