The UK is included among the countries that offer citizenship by an investment after a specified period of residence, consequently offering high net worth foreigners an Investor Immigration Program. As an applicant, you will be able to have your UK investor visa in a short time, as long as you have the possibility of making a substantial investment in the economy and development of the country.
The most common way to obtain a Gold Visa is by applying for the Tier 1 Investor visa. Are you interested in the UK investor visa investment options? Just read the ultimate guide to get an investor visa in United Kingdom.
Advantages of Obtaining a Golden Visa in the United Kingdom
The UK gold visa, also known as the UK investor visa, is very popular in Europe and has the following advantages:
- The United Kingdom allows dual citizenship
- The personal interview, business experience, and medical examination do not apply to the investor visa
- The applicant can bring his family
- Upon successful application approval, you will receive a 3-year visa and more than 5 years of legal residence in the UK; qualify for permanent residence status or ILR (Indefinite Leave to remain) of indefinite stay
- You are eligible to apply for British citizenship after 1 year of receiving ILR status
- As a result of proper tax planning, applicable direct taxes can be mitigated, as in most cases, foreigners can avoid direct taxes if the income earned is outside the UK
UK Investor Visa
In general, the investment visa process is an opportunity to legally acquire a new nationality and an additional passport in a quick and simple way after a reasonable period of residence.
Once the application is approved, after 3 years and 4 months of an initial license, it is extended for an additional period of 2 years, as long as the requirements for the residence permit under the immigration laws are met. At the end of 5 years, you can apply for an indefinite permit followed by British citizenship.
Who is Eligible for the UK Visa?
Any foreign national who has sufficient funds to make the investment requested by the UK, pass an English language test like the IELTS Life Skills test or any other English language test which will be considered eligible for the investor visa UK.
- UK visa processing time is the fastest compared to other countries (about 2 months)
- The applicant and her/his dependents (spouse and children under 18 years of age) can receive a visa for 3 years and 4 months, then extend their stay for 2 more years
- It is possible to obtain permanent residence or citizenship of the United Kingdom ILR after 5 years of life without interruption
- If you invest at least GBP 5 million in government bonds, the UK immigration authorities will provide you with a residence permit after 3 years of living in Great Britain
- If you invest GBP 10 million in government bonds, the UK immigration authorities will provide you with a residence permit after 2 years living in Great Britain
- You will be able to work or study in the United Kingdom
UK Investor Visa Investment Options
First you must:
- Investing at least £2 million in UK companies or UK government bonds, you must hold the investment for 5 years
- The £2 million investment must be made within three months of arrival in the UK
- Funds can be held in a foreign bank or a bank in the UK and can be in foreign currency or in British pounds, but applicants must open a UK bank account before they can apply
- If funds are held outside of the UK, they must be transferable to the UK
- The English language requirement for Tier 1 Investor applicants only needs to be met at the time they apply for British citizenship
- Requests for extension and settlement under the Tier 1 Investor route can be submitted by post or with a super premium service. By using the super-premium service, as an applicant, you will get a decision within 24 hours after collecting the documents
- To obtain permanent residence in the country, one of the points to evaluate is the amount of money invested. The UK investor visa investment options are:
- With the UK investor visa 200 000 GBP, you will get permanent residence in 5 years
- With the UK investor visa 50 000 GBP, you will get permanent residence in 3 years
- By investing £ 10 million, you will get residency in 2 years
Requirements to Obtain the Golden Visa in the United Kingdom
To obtain the investor visa UK you must meet a series of general requirements, which are:
- Make an investment in the UK economy of UK investor visa £2000000
- You will need to prove that you have the necessary investment funds for at least 90 days before applying
- Criminal record
- Translate all the necessary documents into English
- You must be at least 18 years old and not from the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Open a bank account in the UK
- Stay in the UK for three years and four months, extendable for another two years
TIER 1 Investor Visa Required Documents
- A recent passport-size photo
- Marriage certificate (in case you are married) and its photocopy
- Valid passport and previous passports (if you have them) and their photocopies
- ID document and its photocopy
- Birth certificate and its photocopy
- Have a medical certificate issued by an authorized doctor, confirming that the applicant does not suffer from a contagious or serious disease
- A bank statement confirming that you own at least UK investor visa of 2000 000 GBP
- You must have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed employer before you can apply to come to the UK for work
- The work you do in the UK must relate to the work of your sponsoring organization
- Documents that confirm the legal provenance of the resources
- Documents confirming professional and/or business activity (such as a job certificate, employment history)
- Criminal record
Process to Apply for the Golden Visa:
- Collect all the necessary requirements/documents
- Translate all necessary documents into English
- Select the type of visa you want
- Fill in the forms in English
- Pay the Fee (£1,623)
- Request an appointment at the nearest consular office or embassy
- Pay the health surcharge
- Print the investment visa application
- Deliver the documents at the application centre and wait for the response on the issuance of the visa. The waiting time is approximately 3 weeks.
How to Prepare to Apply for the Golden Visa
Before starting the application for the golden visa in the United Kingdom, you must open a bank account in the United Kingdom, translate all the necessary documents into English, meet all the requirements demanded by the country, and finally acquire the Golden Visa.
Useful Data for the Process
- Carry out the process well in advance of the trip
- The steps to follow and requirements may vary according to the companies
- Handle English very well since all the fields and information on the application page are only available in that language
- It is important that you do not forget to translate all the necessary documents into English
- Bear in mind that some requirements and times for issuing visas may vary depending on where you reside
- You may be able to get your visa faster or other services depending on the country you are in. Check with the nearest consulate or embassy.
- You may need to provide more documents depending on your circumstances
The Investor Visa UK Renewal
After your investment Visa application is approved, and you have also been granted 3 years and 4 months of an initial license, this license can be extended for an additional period of 2 more years, provided that the requirements for the residence permit under immigration laws. If you applied for the UK investor visa 50 000 GBP, you will have citizenship in 3 years. At the end of 5 years, you can apply for an indefinite renewal followed by British citizenship, which is for life.
Characteristics of the UK Real Estate Market
The UK real estate market is quite stable and growing, where you will find a wide variety of properties depending on where you choose to settle. The most popular places to live are London, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh, Southampton and Cambridge. Here is a range of real estate prices:
- Houses: From 1,500,000 to 7,000,000 USD
- Apartments: From 1,300,000 USD to 5,000,000 USD
If what you want is to invest in the United Kingdom, in Pickvisa, you will have expert advisors who can guide you in the process of obtaining your Golden Visa, facilitating the process. We invite you to fill out the contact form.