What is Portugal golden visa, or what is Portugal's golden visa program? A residence visa given to non-EU/EFTA nationals as a result of making huge and significant investments in Portugal is known as the Portugal golden visa. This investment can come in different ways, such as creating multiple job opportunities, making a capital investment or buying real estate. It is a fast way of getting permanent residence in the country. The Portugal golden visa program makes you eligible to become a citizen of Portugal in five years. You will not only obtain a residence permit but will enjoy other Portugal golden visa benefits. This article is for those asking how to get a Portugal visa and how much do I need to invest for a golden visa Portugal.
From this article, you will also know the Portugal golden visa requirements, the Portugal golden visa cost, and what Portugal's golden visa program is all about.
Investment options for Portugal golden visa
Having known what a Portugal golden visa is, you would love to know the available options to qualify for it. To apply for a Portugal golden visa, you need to make certain investments. How much money do I need to invest for golden visa Portugal? The following investments will make you eligible for a Portugal golden visa:
• Look for a property in an urban regeneration area in Portugal and invest €350,000. You can also choose to invest €280,000 in a Portuguese low-density area. The project should qualify for investment by the Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service – SEF.
• Buy a property in the country which cost at least €500,000. The amount to invest is €400,000 if you are buying one in a low-density area.
• Make a minimum investment of €1 million in a company and qualify for a Portugal golden visa program.
• With a minimum of €350,000, invest in a qualifying Investment Fund. The investment options are regulated by the Portuguese CMVM (Securities Market Commission) and usually include venture capital investment in real estate or start-up tech companies.
• Make a minimum capital transfer of €1 million into a Portuguese bank account.
• Invest at least €350,000 for the creation of a commercial company or to reinforce the share capital of a commercial company, through which you create at least five full-time jobs
• Make a minimum of €250,000 capital transfer towards national heritage reconstruction or to support the arts.
• Make at least €350,000 capital transfer for research activities in tech or science by either private or public scientific research institutions.
Portugal golden visa requirements
Just like every other type of visa, there are requirements you must fulfil to be eligible for Portugal golden visa. The requirements include:
• You must be aged 18 and above
• The money you seek to invest must be your money. Investing someone else's money is not allowed
• You must make an investment that will boost the economy of Portugal
• You must commit to maintaining the investment for at least another 5 years
• You must not have any criminal record
Portugal golden visa benefits
Wealthy investors can enjoy lots of Portugal golden visa benefits. Some of the benefits are:
Your family members can be included on the visa. You can have the following included:
• Your marital partner
• Your children who are not more than 18 years old
• Adult dependent children that are full-time students. They can be up to 26 years
• Your or your marital partner's dependent parents
• Minor siblings or any other dependents
Both you and your family members are eligible to travel to the Schengen Zone nations visa-free travel for up to 90 days in a 180-day period. Renewing a golden visa for Portugal does not require your full-time presence in the country. All you need is to stay for at least seven days in the country each year. You and your family can live in the country with access to the country's education and healthcare if you choose to. Applying for a Portuguese passport is possible after five years. With a Portuguese passport, you can easily travel to over 100 countries since Portugal is a member of the EU (European Union). You can also have access to the European Union free market.
Steps involved in applying for a Portuguese golden visa
Application for a Portugal golden visa should be made at the Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service's (SEF). The steps involved include:
• Go to the ARI portal and register. This portal is the SEF's online portal responsible for golden visa applications. You can do the registration yourself, or a legal representative can do it for you.
• Electronic copies of required documents should be attached in PDF, and the size should not exceed 4MB.
• All relevant fees should be paid.
• Be patient as you wait for the SEF (Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service's) to confirm.
• Book an appointment at a local branch of the Portuguese Immigration and Border Service's (SEF) to submit your Portugal golden visa application.
It is of paramount importance to know that your investment must be made before you apply. So, you can take and submit the documents to prove your investment. Also, show them your readiness of maintaining the investment for a minimum of five years.
Your family members can apply via the same portal and method if applying for family reunification. Your family members can apply at the same time with you or later on.
Documents required for Portugal golden visa application
The following documents should be in your custody while applying for a Portugal golden visa:
• The official Portugal golden visa application form. This form is downloadable from the Portuguese visa portal.
• A valid international passport
• You need two photos of passport size. The pictures should meet the requirements shown here.
• Health insurance that is valid in Portugal.
• Payment receipt from the aforementioned ARI portal.
• Proof of having no previous criminal records. The document should be given to you within the last three months from the relevant police authorities. It should be translated to Portuguese. This is one of the Portugal golden visa new rules.
• You should provide a sworn statement that you will maintain your investment in Portugal for at least five years.
Any documents that are related to your investment is required too. The documents include:
Purchasing property worth at least €500,000:
• Pre-contract agreement or acquisition deed of the real estate property.
• The land register certificate. It should come with endorsements, records, registration in force to attest the property belongs to you.
• The property's legal description if applicable.
• Declaration from a financial institution authorised or registered in Portugal to prove the international transfer or payment of the assets. €350,000 investment in a property in an urban regeneration area:
• All of the documents mentioned above
• Declaration from a competent entity proving that the property is in a regeneration area.
There are also many other documents you must show depending on your investment type and your status, so we recommend you check eligible official websites to figure this out. Or you can contact pickvisa.com and can get help from the professionals.
Portugal golden visa costs
You need to have the following amount to get a Portugal golden visa:
• Application and renewal processing fee of €514.80 (plus €80.20 for family members)
• Initial Portugal golden visa - €5,147.80.
• Initial Portugal golden visa for your family members - €5,147.80.
• To renew your golden visa, you need €2,573.90.
You can directly pay the fees for a Portugal golden visa to the SEF.
Obtaining a Portugal golden visa is easy and free from stress when you have the aforementioned documents and fulfil the requirements. To make it easier, you can consult an expert travel company like Pickvisa.com, and you will not have your golden visa Portugal suspended.