is very small but full of natural beauty and art culture. The temples, historical buildings, mountains, and the sea beach are the main tourist attractions here. Laos is a country where you will feel at home. China and North Vietnam border Laos in the north, Cambodia in the south, and the Mekong River is on Thailand's border in the southwest. Elephants, leopards, cheetahs, and snakes, etc., are found in the jungles. Because of these characteristics of Laos, a huge number of people travel to Laos each year. Talking about the language of Laos, the local language of Laos is of Thai type, which is full of Sanskrit, Pali, and French words. This language is the second language of French royalty. Like the neighboring countries, Buddhism is the main religion of the local people in Laos. Many cities here are famous in the world of beauty and tourism, such as Luang Prabang, Vientiane, Pakse, and Vang Vieng. The most touristy cities here are Luang Prabang and Vientiane. However, travelers often choose wrong city for traveling. Let's find out where is Luang Prabang and why you should travel to Luang Prabang instead of Vientiane? Here are 10 reasons why you should travel to Luang Prabang instead of Vientiane
1. Natural beautyVientiane
- Vientiane is the capital of Laos. This city is also called the city of dreams of Laos. Vientiane is a magnificent place in the country, which captivates you with its natural beauty. When people travel to Laos, the natural environment and peace here thrill the hearts of tourists. However, in terms of natural beauty, Luang Prabang is better than this city. Luang Prabang - Do you know what to do in Luang Prabang? Luang Prabang has a lot to entertain for those more interested in leisure. The lofty hills, lush green forests here will fascinate you. The natural environment is so unique that it will attract you. In the adventurous tourism sector, Luang Prabang is several times ahead of Vientiane. Bike riding on winding roads built on the hills of Luang Prabang is a good recreation by tourists. If you are an adventure lover, then you must travel to Luang Prabang.
- If you want to buy woven clothes, then you can find them in this city of Laos. There are many options where to buy it in the streets of Vientiane. Vientiane's lanes, full of colorful objects, sound, and enticing food presented here, give tourists a different experience. In Vientiane, you will find all the things that you can get from cheap clothes to affordable home according to your budget. Luang Prabang - You must know where is Luang Prabang's famous shopping material, and what to do in Luang Prabang. Luang Prabang is a good place for shopping enthusiasts. You can buy new fashionable clothes and shoes here; this place has been famous for the trade of gems and jewelry for a long time. Silk fabrics are available here in terms of purity; they are also cheaper than in many places. It is the reason that most people who come here prefer to buy silk clothes, food items. Luang Prabang is made by hand according to the old techniques and practices. Such things seem expensive and exclusive, but they are very cheap compared to other countries, which are very popular.
- Talking about the lifestyle of Vientiane, Vientiane is a pleasant and quiet city. People here happily follow their traditional customs and culture. The finest blend of culture and art of Laos will be seen in the streets here. Vientiane, in the modernization, is behind Luang Prabang because the tourists like Luang Prabang more. Luang Prabang - Do you know where is Luang Prabang people's art and culture? It seems interesting to treat and know about local people's art and culture here. You will also be surprised to see these local people. However, you know that the people of Laos have a very calm nature and pleasant personality. They warmly welcome tourists. Similarly, a relaxed atmosphere is seen in Luang Prabang. People of Buddhism here are happy to see tourists and eager to befriend them.
- Laos food is unique, tasty, and nutritious. It can be one of the best places to visit in Laos if your trip is for food. Get ready to have your delicious meal before your trip to Vientiane. You can also taste their local dishes like Freshwater Fish Dish Soup and Stew etc. Luang Prabang - If you want to taste the delicious food here, then you should choose the best time to travel to Luang Prabang because the bad weather can make the entire journey gritty. Luang Prabang's journey is full of new experiences and new knowledge of Luang Prabang culture. The Luang Prabang culture has been captured with mouth-watering and delectable food that you have a chance to taste and enjoy. If you want to know in Luang Prabang that you should eat dishes from cones, you can make a list for your plate.
- Talking about nightlife in Laos, Vientiane has a good location in Laos in the nightlife area. The city is famous for its nightlife and is a favorite destination for tourists. The concerts at night are done in the traditional way you can join and enjoy the exciting night. Luang Prabang - If you want to spend a few moments with your partner, then feel free to come to Luang Prabang. You will get a chance to feel the open sky of Luang Prabang from your conscience. The sight of the hidden moonlight also represents a unique pleasure. The clubs and bars here are some of the best places to visit in Luang Prabang. Dim neon blue light, big sofas in Luang Prabang's club and bar make the atmosphere very romantic in its beauty. By sitting here, you will also see the mind-soothing view while calming the hunger of your stomach by eating delicious food.
6. Things to doWhat to do in Vientiane
- When you travel to any country, you want to know what to know things to do there. There is a lot to do in Vientiane. Here, you can get information about Buddhism by walking through the park filled with Buddha statues. The point is that these sculptures are huge in size and numerous. Here is the traditional and cultural history you should know about. You can also find here many ancient temples. Apart from this, rows of small images of Buddha made of many types of wood, stone, and bronze can be seen in shops which you can buy and take to your home. The morning air here will fill your heart with love. What to do in Luang Prabang - When you cross the border of Luang Prabang while traveling to Laos, your heartbeat will speed up. Here you will be surprised to find pockets of pristine nature, a dull riverfront vibe in many towns, the calm presence of monks, or the genuine smiles of relaxed locals. You will be impressed as soon as you come from them. You can go for an adventure in the lush green forests and bike riding on the winding mountains here. Tourists say that Luang Prabang city of Laos is better than Vientiane in terms of activities during the traveling.
7. PlacesPlaces to visit in Vientiane
- Vientiane's main feature is that the atmosphere here is calm and blissful. Most of the tourists say about Vientiane that the local life here runs slowly. Hence tourists enjoy their life here comfortably. There are many beautiful places recommended by tourists such as Pha That Luang, Patuxai Victory Monument, Vang Vieng, Wat Ho Phra Kaew, and Lao Textile Museum, etc. Places to visit in Luang Prabang - Luang Prabang are a perfect place for locals and tourists as a golden city attracts many tourists. Luang Prabang city of Laos is also a famous place to celebrate local festivals. Apart from walking, eating, and playing, the famous sights found here are also a popular destination for morning and evening walks. Phousi Hill, Wat Xiengthong, Royal Palace Luang Prabang, Kuang Si Falls, Wat Chom Si, Pak Ou Caves, Mount Phousi, and Tad Sae Waterfalls, etc., are the main ones. Travel to Luang Prabang best time is from November to March. Therefore, you can make your trip more memorable by visiting these places between November to March.
8. Travel SafetyVientiane
- If you talk about Vientiane's travel safety, then it is generally said by the tourists that the cities here are residually safe. However, it would help if you did not forget about small thieves, which can snatch the goods from your hand. Many tourists recommend being careful here. Luang Prabang - Most travelers who travel to Luang Prabang respond that Luang Prabang is a very safe city in terms of travel. However, there are wandering night markets or wallet thieves that you need to avoid. Indeed, the risk of traveling to Luang Prabang is low.
There is not much difference between Luang Prabang weather and Vientiane weather if you think about Laos weather. The capital of the country, Vientiane, is popular with its conflicting nature. Therefore, Vientiane guests should carefully study the temperature indicators for each month. Laos climatologists divide the year into three main seasons. The Luang Prabang weather is hot and dry from February to April, with a thermometer reaching above 30 degrees. There is heavy rain in summer, which almost does not stop until the last days of October. During this period, the humidity parameters reach 100%, which cannot be comfortable for foreigners. That's why all tourists prefer Luang Prabang weather in the November-February period. This season is called high because a large number of people visit Luang Prabang during this season.
10. Art & culture
Talking about the art and culture of Laos, it still adheres to its old traditional culture. However, there is not much difference between Vientiane and Luang Prabang in art and culture because both cities are connected to the same culture. Luang Prabang also has a historical heritage, which tourists must visit. The historical heritage is one of the best places to visit in Luang Prabang. Vientiane's architecture is a major part of the country's cultural heritage. It reflects both the challenges of living in Vientiane's sometimes extreme climate and, historically, the importance of architecture to Buddhists' community and religious beliefs. Laos is a country blessed with natural beauty. People from all over the world come to visit Laos for its nature. Laos with dense forests and hills is nothing short of a beautiful dream world. The world is familiar with the beauty of Luang Prabang. Hence, there is a huge crowd of tourists every year in search of peace. Along with the beauty, the taste of Luang Prabang is also unique. Therefore, you must also visit Luang Prabang.